Cool VL Viewer forum

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 2024-03-29 06:12:36

Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Transparent Huds block Click 

Lycia_Undercroft wrote:
Okay, darn. I did some more testing and the LL viewer does intercept the left clicks on fully transparent surfaces. At lest these days. I am pretty sure you used to be able to left click through blindfold huds that relied on alpha, but maybe not... its been a long time since i messed with those. Anyway, right clicks seem to pass through transparency in the LL viewer but not left clicks. So, I have to apologize for that, and i am very sorry for the confusion. Can i ask to keep your modification as a debug feature though?

I certainly remember how it used to be possible to left-click through transparent HUDs in the past... Sometimes, LL changes the behaviour in their viewer without documenting it, and this got backported by me without even realizing it...
Anyway, for next release, the "AllowPickTransparent" debug setting will default to TRUE, and a new "Touch transparent objects" menu entry/toggle will reflect and allow to change this flag in the "Tools" menu of the viewer (below the "Pick..." entries/toggles).

2018-12-10 21:49:05
Profile WWW

Henri Beauchamp wrote:
Catten wrote:
I'm having trouble clicking some transparent objects like combat meters inworld now. I'm not sure it's related but will try do some testing.

Please, see this message...

Ok, then it's as intended. When I put set the debug setting to true, I can again click inworld objects and regular invisible attachments.

2018-12-10 22:02:30

Henri Beauchamp wrote:
Lycia_Undercroft wrote:
Okay, darn. I did some more testing and the LL viewer does intercept the left clicks on fully transparent surfaces. At lest these days. I am pretty sure you used to be able to left click through blindfold huds that relied on alpha, but maybe not... its been a long time since i messed with those. Anyway, right clicks seem to pass through transparency in the LL viewer but not left clicks. So, I have to apologize for that, and i am very sorry for the confusion. Can i ask to keep your modification as a debug feature though?

I certainly remember how it used to be possible to left-click through transparent HUDs in the past... Sometimes, LL changes the behaviour in their viewer without documenting it, and this got backported by me without even realizing it...
Anyway, for next release, the "AllowPickTransparent" debug setting will default to TRUE, and a new "Touch transparent objects" menu entry/toggle will reflect and allow to change this flag in the "Tools" menu of the viewer (below the "Pick..." entries/toggles).

Thanks Henri! This is great, its been nice having the ability to click through transparency back this week. I will definitely have to keep this change in mind for future builds though.
~Lycia

2018-12-15 20:45:17
Reply to topic   [ 13 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2