Cool VL Viewer forum

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 2021-04-13 09:50:59

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
Voice Status Wrong @ InWorldz Grid 

Using viewer 1.26.6.20 under Windows 7x64.

In InWorldz the status info at the top always shows the icon for "Voice Not Available", although voice works and I can talk/listen to people. The problem does not occur in Second Life. I cross checked with the Singularity, Imprudence and InWorldz viewers and they show correct the status info (that voice is working).

It is not a big problem, more of an annoyance. Not all sims are voice enabled, so you always have to try to see if you can do voice or not.

Please let me know if I can be of any further help investigating that problem.

Wolfe Blackburn

2013-04-16 20:40:46

Please, follow the rules for this forum and provide the required info and files.

2013-04-16 21:10:38
Profile WWW

Henri Beauchamp wrote:
Please, follow the rules for this forum and provide the required info and files.

Sorry, I forgot to attach the log file. Here it is.

Wolfe Blackburn

Attachments:
SecondLife.zip [13.2 KiB]
Downloaded 81 times
2013-04-16 23:27:17

Apparently, it's a bug in OpenSim (or Inworldz' own flavour of OpenSim).

Normally, voice is available only when both enabled for the region and the parcel (meaning the region owner can disable voice for the whole region via the estate settings, and parcel owners can always disable voice for their own parcel and enable it only when the region owner enabled voice region-wide). At least, this is how it works in SL and this is why the Cool VL Viewer's no-voice indicator appears in the status bar as soon as either the parcel or the region got voice disabled, while most other viewers only rely on the parcel flag...

In Inworldz, the region voice flag is always off regardless of actual voice availability !

I changed the code so that, when logged on an OpenSim grid, only the parcel voice flag is taken into account for the no-voice indicator of the status bar. The fix will be available in the next releases.

2013-04-17 09:11:26
Profile WWW

Wow, that was fast! Thank you so much. Me and my friends are using the Cool VL Viewer for some days now - for the most part in InWorldz - and it works really great. Fantastic Work!

2013-04-19 03:00:21
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]