Cool VL Viewer forum

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 2024-04-23 22:38:15

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
problem Out of memory 

Hi, I always have problems with "out of virtual memory" but ONLY in SL (second Life). In OSG all riuns perect. BUT.. in OSG and in SL COOL VL riuns very slow. Needs some minutes to show all sculpts. This is done much faster wi6th other viewers. BUT,.. I like COOL VL, because in "camera look" I can edjust distance, AND front view!! COOL VL is the ONMLY Viewer that is able to do. Only "old" Hippo is able for disztance.
SO I will stay with COOL VL, But maybe you can tell me whats to do to prevent that bad "Out of memory" message, which is followed by a crash !!!
please send any answer to my email : pn@handysim.com

COOL VL is great... if that bug is OFF it will be best viewer for SL AND OSG or OpenSim.

regards
Peter Neizert
email: pn@handysim.com

2013-05-19 12:04:18

Did you read the latest announcement ?... The replies to your questions are there already !!!

2013-05-19 13:03:18
Profile WWW

Sir Beauchamp... I have WINDOWS XP, NOT Linux. pages you show me are about Linux.
The problem with NEWEST Cool VL viewer is on another computer now.makes crash report to SL like the other computer!

And ONE MORE problem: Pafrticles are NOT shown !

The problam with crash report comes NOT always !
Sometimes Login AV runs, sometimes NOT !!!

If Possible answer as EMAIL (pn@handysim.com)
I am not alwways online and I see no message about my asking from today,
but i assume your group is very busy, so I wait slome days longer
Becasue bvery busy I look only for EMAILS, so please answer
with EMAIL only

Best regards

Peter Neizert

2013-07-03 18:31:02

Peter Neizert wrote:
Sir Beauchamp... I have WINDOWS XP, NOT Linux. pages you show me are about Linux.
Either Linux or Windows releases got the same fix. Plus, since you didn't give any detail about your system (as required in the rules for the bug reports), I could not know which system you are using !!!

Quote:
The problem with NEWEST Cool VL viewer is on another computer now.makes crash report to SL like the other computer!

And ONE MORE problem: Pafrticles are NOT shown !

The problam with crash report comes NOT always !
Sometimes Login AV runs, sometimes NOT !!!
Provide the required logs: without them I cannot diagnose bugs !

Quote:
If Possible answer as EMAIL (pn@handysim.com)
I am not alwways online and I see no message about my asking from today,
but i assume your group is very busy, so I wait slome days longer
Becasue bvery busy I look only for EMAILS, so please answer
with EMAIL only

Best regards

Peter Neizert
Like clearly stated in the Usage Policy of the Cool VL Viewer (which was presented to you on first run and can be seen in the About floater as well), support is exclusively provided via this forum.

You are perhaps busy, but I am too, and I cannot afford being disturbed with emails or IMs in SL when I don't have time to devote to free support.

2013-07-03 19:29:28
Profile WWW

I have some Lenovo T60, 2048 Ram, all with windows XP SP3, WLAN and LAN (100MBit/sec).
I downloaded youngest COO VL release yessterday. Its 1.26.8.15
I am in SL and OSG..
Only in SL after 10 minutes the message comes "Virtual memory going down..." then COOL VL crahes.
In OSG that never happened.
COO VL ise very good, all screens look like old Phoenix, and I can adjust how far I will look. and I can export and import shapes. all that runs perfect,
only the "Virtual memory.. " message with CRAH is BAD !
What can I do to stop that and make COOL VL running long time in SL ?
THATS my only question.
Thanks for answers.
Regards
Peter Neizert
and if you answer please use pn@handysim.com

2013-07-05 16:15:20

Get today's release and read my above message about required info and logs if you still get problems.

2013-07-05 18:44:43
Profile WWW

I too have sometimes crashed after the notification that I'm running out of memory. I understand that this can be REALLY frustrating at times, and that you may be busy too. Please understand that Henri has to manage an ENTIRE forum, AND the coding and fixes for the Cool VL Viewer by himself. You're both busy, and Henri is not going to be able to also send you an email.

Please make sure you include the following in your next reply:
Copy and paste in your post the info about your computer and viewer that you will find inside the "About this viewer" window of the viewer (go to the "Help" entry of the menu bar and choose the "About..." entry in the menu to pop up the "About this viewer" window).

Always provide the log files: CoolVLViewer.log and, for crash bugs, stack_trace.log(1) (Linux) or CoolVLViewer.dmp(2) (Windows) as attached files in your post (you might have to zip the files before attaching them, because there is a size limit to attachments). Without the logs and, when appropriate, the crash log/dump, the issue cannot be investigated. See this wiki page for the logs location.

Give a clear and precise, step by step reproduction procedure for the bug you encounter (and if you see the bug happening in a specific location on the grid, provide that location name and coordinates: some crashes may be due to specific objects around your avatar or to specific media streams, or anything "environmental", and I won't be able to reproduce such crashes in a different environment).

2013-07-30 19:30:09
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]