Cool VL Viewer forum

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 2024-04-19 17:38:24

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
Is it just me? Duplicate HUD prims showing on OpenSim 

When I connect Cool VL Viewer 1.26.9.18 to OpenSim 0.7.6 r/23026 (OSgrid current posted version) I see some strange HUD behavior.

The HUD is made of several prims.
When the HUD is attached, the HUD displays correctly on the correct attachment point.

Also, a copy of all of the *child* prims of the HUD linkset appear at the same time just above the center HUD attach point.

These "duplicate" HUD prims are clickable.
You cannot edit the HUD if you edit the duplicate prims and you cannot move the duplicates.

If I login from the same machine to the same avatar in the same region using Singularity viewer, the duplicate prims do not appear on HUD attach, so I think its Cool VL Viewer specific, and not something with OpenSim, my OS, or video drivers.

I have tried a using a default settings XML file just to see if its a debug setting or advanced menu customization which was triggering this behavior, but the HUD duplicate prims happened anyway.

Posted here because I am not sure its a Cool VL Viewer-only bug... just posting for discussion / to notify others if they are seeing this too.

2013-07-26 18:31:23

Allen Kerensky wrote:
When I connect Cool VL Viewer 1.26.9.18 to OpenSim 0.7.6 r/23026 (OSgrid current posted version) I see some strange HUD behavior.

The HUD is made of several prims.
When the HUD is attached, the HUD displays correctly on the correct attachment point.

Also, a copy of all of the *child* prims of the HUD linkset appear at the same time just above the center HUD attach point.

These "duplicate" HUD prims are clickable.
You cannot edit the HUD if you edit the duplicate prims and you cannot move the duplicates.
Please, fill up a proper bug report with logs and, in this case, a screenshot.

Note that I just tried with v1.26.9.19 (tomorrow's release) on OS Grid and could not see that bug happening.

Quote:
If I login from the same machine to the same avatar in the same region using Singularity viewer, the duplicate prims do not appear on HUD attach, so I think its Cool VL Viewer specific, and not something with OpenSim, my OS, or video drivers.
Singularity has not yet been updated to LL's v3.6 renderer (materials renderer) that the Cool VL Viewer v1.26.9 is using. If you want to compare with Singularity, use the Cool VL Viewer v1.26.8 which uses the same renderer (LL's v3.5) with only a few differences.

Please, note also that v1.26.9 is the *experimental* branch and a fast moving target (fixes to the v3.6 renderer are added each week by LL and reflected in the Cool VL Viewer's weekly releases), so graphics glitches and drivers incompatibilities are to be expected.

2013-07-26 21:21:33
Profile WWW

Henri,
Thanks for moving to bug reports - but I was not convinced at all this was a Cool VL Viewer bug... and I think I was right.
I think it was a bug somewhere in OpenSim 0.7.6 dev or an OSgrid infrastructure service.

Last night - git rev r/23354 was set as the OSgrid default OpenSim version to use.
I downloaded and ran it today... and I am not seeing the duplicate prims in home region or when teleporting around OSgrid.

My *guess* is that:
1. one of the infrastructure services for OSgrid (like the nginx proxying) was sending a broken message that fooled the viewer into showing those duplicates;
OR
2. an OpenSim bug existed somewhere between r/229xx and r/23354 and was resolved as OSgrid deployed new code to the plazas

Anywho, as far as your notes about "experimental" 1.26.9.x status - I don't think its necessary :lol:
I've been running every version of 1.26.9.x you've posted and it never gives me a lick of trouble on SL or OSG.

However, keeping the 3.6/materials shaders working on Fedora 18/19 with AMD Catalyst and kernel radeon drivers is another story currently playing out in a Jira MATBUG.

Anyway I posted for discussion just to see if anyone else on OpenSims was seeing it, and for later searches if someone hits the same issue they can see that it might happen and ... now... that its not a Cool VL Viewer bug or anything. FYI only at this point.

2013-07-27 16:36:01
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]