Cool VL Viewer forum

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 2024-04-16 06:48:16

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
Viewer Crashes Visual Driver 

Hello everyone. I installed CoolVL Viewers latest version and was quite satisfied with it. The only issue I noticed was after a while it suddenly crashed my visual driver. an hour so later it did it again. I am really not sure what is going on here, but have also noticed this issue on Singularity...infact it was the reason I downloaded Cool, and stopped using Singularity. The only viewers that it doesn't happen on are Firestorm, Kokua, and viewers like that. Here are my system specs if it helps. I would appreciate any input.

CPU: AMD A10-4600M APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics (2295.69 MHz)
Memory: 3551 MB
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 8.1 64-bit (Build 9600)
Graphics Card Vendor: ATI Technologies Inc.
Graphics Card: AMD Radeon HD 7660G

Windows Graphics Driver Version: 8.17.0010.1230
OpenGL Version: 4.2.12420 Compatibility Profile Context 13.151.0.0

2014-04-27 08:11:36

Viewers differ slightly by their rendering engine. Some driver-related issues (i.e. driver bugs) may get triggered by some of the specific calls done in one viewer that another will not use. In any case, if it's a driver bug, the viewers' authors can do nothing about it and the bug shall then be reported to the driver maker.

To know whether the issue is driver-related or not, I however need to get the stack trace or crash dump corresponding to the crash you encounter. Please, follow to the letter the bug reporting rules and issue a full bug report.

2014-04-27 09:48:02
Profile WWW

Henri Beauchamp wrote:
Viewers differ slightly by their rendering engine. Some driver-related issues (i.e. driver bugs) may get triggered by some of the specific calls done in one viewer that another will not use. In any case, if it's a driver bug, the viewers' authors can do nothing about it and the bug shall then be reported to the driver maker.

To know whether the issue is driver-related or not, I however need to get the stack trace or crash dump corresponding to the crash you encounter. Please, follow to the letter the bug reporting rules and issue a full bug report.

Ok, thanks Henri for the prompt reply, it is much appreciated. How do I get the bug report to you though? I know normally that when a viewer fails unexpectedly it prompts you to send in a bug report, however in this case the viewer just freezes up, gets a white haze, and then in the corner of my screen it says "your graphics driver has failed to respond and has recovered" and everything just remains frozen until i force the viewer to shut down thru task manager. Also I should note that Singularity worked just fine before about a month ago when a system update ran, and that is when the problem started with that viewer. I thought my problem was over when i downloaded cool earlier, but it did the same exact thing...and to ensure it wasn't grid side or anything I tried in both Dreamnation and SecondLife. Thank you in advance for your help. :)

2014-04-27 10:03:46

Korgi Silvercloud wrote:
in this case the viewer just freezes up, gets a white haze, and then in the corner of my screen it says "your graphics driver has failed to respond and has recovered" and everything just remains frozen until i force the viewer to shut down thru task manager. Also I should note that Singularity worked just fine before about a month ago when a system update ran, and that is when the problem started with that viewer.
It's definitely a driver bug, then. Just "downgrade" to the previous graphics driver version, and both Singularity and the Cool VL Viewer should work flawlessly.

2014-04-27 12:19:48
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]