Cool VL Viewer forum

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 2024-04-16 13:50:57

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
Sculpty not displaying correctly and screen graphics mess 

Hey folks

Apologies if this has been mentioned before but I couldn't find another post with this problems.
Sculpties that I have had no problems with for years suddenly look like they have been beaten with a large stone club, someone told me that if i increased the object detail it would display correctly however I cannot find this setting on cool viewer.

Secondly, when walking around a sim I suddenly get a lot of graphics distortion it gets so bad that I sometimes cannot see anything, if I walk around sometimes it clears but returns frequently. I am using the latest version of Cool VL viewer and have tried both full and Legacy versions.

For your info I am using a quad core samsung ATIV book 9.

I love cool viewer its the only one that gives me the least problems but I would love to get this sorted if possible please.

Thanks
Jim

oh just one more thing (sorry) the viewer becomes unresponsive when closing it down.

2014-07-22 20:38:16

Without logs, I cannot diagnose any issue. Follow the rules, please !

My guess however, is that your issue is caused by (a) graphics driver bug(s). If the sculpties were rendering fine before you updated your driver, then it's definitely the case; the sculpties rendering in the Cool VL Viewer was not changed in many months (years, even), so it definitely cannot be a recently introduced bug, and the rendering algorithm is the same as in any other viewer, with the exception of "oblong" sculpties (sculpties which sculpt texture is not square but rectangular: usually used for benches, fences, and things that are longer than large), for which the level of details (LOD factor) is automatically raised (so that they render fine, even when seen in the distance).

2014-07-23 07:07:05
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]