Cool VL Viewer forum

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 2024-04-19 00:49:19

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
Strange thing about alpha mode (blend/mask) 

Hello,

the new Belleza v3 body has 3 clothing layers, each ones has a Mode button that you can toggle between MASK and BLEND. MASK usually breaks layers that have transparent bits and BLEND displays the alpha as it should look like.

1. BLEND mode:

2. MASK mode:

At least in Firestorm this works. In Cool VL Viewer, whichever mode I chose, it looks broken like in MASK mode.

Background infos for that part:
* client is NOT in deferred mode
* automatic alpha masks are ON (<-- yah, I know what you wanna say now!)

If I now set
* automatic alpha masks OFF
and relog (which is like always required for that toggle), it looks fine. So for Cool VL Viewer I need to toggle a global setting (which works for ALL layers then) and need to relog, in Firestorm a button on a HUD does it. I wonder what they made different in Firestorm, which makes the blending/masking work.

I know we had this topic already, and you said the masking stuff is kind broken in the LL base code. But maybe this helps you to find something in Firestorm to improve the Cool VL Viewer code? :-) Probably their code has different bugs you don't like, but maybe it's worth a look. :D

2015-07-07 19:02:43

A HUD can't control a viewer graphics settings, but only the parameters of a (set of) primitives. So, I fail to see what you mean when you write "in Firestorm a button on a HUD does it".

The Cool VL Viewer got different defaults for some settings than other viewers. The automatic alpha masks are among them, but it suffices that you use the same settings in both the Cool VL Viewer and whatever other viewer, and you will get the same results...

You don't need to relog to get the alpha masks to change after the setting is toggled, but you need the affected prims to get unloaded from the viewer memory, either by TPing away for a few minutes (3 minutes will do), or by removing the affected primitives, if your avatar is wearing them.

As far as I understand your "issue", there's really nothing for me to fix (just use the setting that works for you, and let it alone after that)...

2015-07-07 22:28:18
Profile WWW

Ok, fully understood. :) Now I need to find out what's the best settings to get all the stuff working. :shock:

2015-07-11 08:02:20
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]