Cool VL Viewer forum

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 2024-04-19 11:32:05

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
Logging into the Second Life Beta Grid 

Well, i installed the Cool VL Viewer, because Linden Labs will use the VMM and the Firestorm guys are way too slow to have a viewer ready soon.

But there is a little problem: If i log into the beta grid i can do this....ONE time and then never again.

For everyone who never was in the beta grid: you can't log into your home position and you can't log into your last position, you have to type the name of a sim as log-in point....and ONLY the name, no coordinates or you can't log in.

So i used ACME F as log in point and this worked perfectly, then i made some changes in the preferences and needed to relog, but now when i type in ACME F the Cool VL Viewer will change that into ACME F /128 /128 /0 and THIS will not work, if you use coordinates you can't log into the beta grid and no matter what i tried, even if i type in my password first and then the starting location in the same second when i click on Login the Cool VL Viewer will change ACME F into ACME F /128 /128 /0.

At the moment i have to use the FS or i can't log into the beta grid until i find a way to make the Cool VL Viewer stop doing this.

2015-07-29 18:45:03

You don't need to enter a sim name, the beta grid will log you in any default landing point it got configured, when it notices your last location sim is not present. And once you logged in, you can just use "last location" for the next logins...

Also, I just tried and typed "acme f" in the location combo, and I logged in without any issue in the beta grid...

Please follow the rules for this forum and post exact reproduction steps and the logs.

2015-07-29 21:44:31
Profile WWW

No, you can NOT use the last location, not with the Cool VL Viewer or any other Viewer (i tried this, if you do this the login will start and never end) and there is no way to choose no starting location, you can either log into the home location, the last location or you can type in the starting location.

And yes, you can type in acme f and choose that as starting location, that is exactly what i wrote, but try to do this twice. if you try to login again into acme f then the Cool VL Viewer will replace the acme f by acme f /128 /128 /0 and i tried to log in 7 times in a row and this happened all the time.

Its easy to reproduce this, just try to log into the beta grid by choosing acme f as starting location. If you do this the first time you will log in, but if you try this the second time you will not be able to choose that position because the Cool VL Viewer will change acme f into acme f /128 /128 /0.

I would love to add any log, but i have no clue which log do you mean? A Crash-Log? The Viewer didn't crash, therefor there is no such log and i can't find any other log.

Edit: Found the log, will need to log into the beta grid again (i used the Cool VL Viewer for the normal grid too, because its memory management is way better than that from the FS, which results in no crashes even in very heavy and crowded areas where the FS crashes within 10 minutes)

Edit2: Ok, now THIS is strange. Now it did work, just like nothing happened, so i guess it was not a bug of the viewer but something else which prevented me from logging into the beta grid.

2015-08-03 10:59:10

Please, don't start yelling at me and telling me I'm lying. If I tell you you can log in normally, it's because I do so myself.

Also I can't do anything for you to diagnose your specific issue (which, in this very case, is obviously not even a viewer bug) if you refuse to follow the rules of this forum and post the logs...

If you don't follow the above principles, then please go seek support elsewhere...

As for not being able to log in the beta grid at a specific time, please read the disclaimer in SL's beta grid login screen: the regions may go up and down at any time, the beta grid access itself may be restricted either region per region (some of them requiring LL to specifically grant you personal access: there are TPV-developers-only and Linden-only regions, for example, some of ACME's being among them), or grid-wide.

2015-08-03 13:31:51
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]