Cool VL Viewer forum

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 2024-03-28 13:05:44

Reply to topic  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Viewer not usable after migration to VMM 

nofu nagy wrote:
I answered the router question - see my post above: The route is a Draytek 2910 - lan cable is connected
The router can handle a massive amount of connections - believe me.
I should have made myself clearer... That's your MODEM, but does this cable MODEM got a WiFi router included ?... If yes, what happens when you directly connect your computer to your MODEM via an Ethernet cable instead of WiFi ?

Quote:
Installed the latest version: 1.26.14.2
Cleared the cache
Enabled marketplace debug tag

First start took again a while (Loading World...)
Error message after a while: The transaction with the Marketplace failed with the following error: Reason: 'STATUS_EXPIRED'
MP folder shows: fetch failed
After that the viewer started to download the inventory and it looked better than before (AVA is not a cloud - moving is possible)
Still seeing very weird messages about connection failures to sims and servers, that are unrelated to the Marketplace code, e.g.:
Code:
2015-08-01T18:10:33Z WARNING: LLEventPollResponder::httpFailure: Error: Method: POST - URL: https://sim10568.agni.lindenlab.com:12043/cap/c57e1e65-6d28-b554-d9cb-ed8816d89ee3 - Status: 499 - Reason: STATUS_EXPIRED - content-type: 'text/html; charset=iso-8859-1' - Content: !
.../...
2015-08-01T18:13:08Z WARNING: AISCommand::httpFailure: Method: DELETE - URL: https://sim10568.agni.lindenlab.com:12043/cap/dd828baa-f8cf-78d9-d3ab-bd643a50d0a4/item/29d6c530-8aa9-331b-95df-bac0e68e446c - Status: 499 - Reason: STATUS_EXPIRED - Content: !
2015-08-01T18:13:08Z INFO: LLAdaptiveRetryPolicy::onFailureCommon: Retry count: 0. Will retry after 1s.
.../...
2015-08-01T18:14:31Z WARNING: LLMediaDataClient::Responder::httpFailure: request: num=1 type=GET ID=695982e9-ee2b-ba5a-ca72-ea22df65344a face=-1 #retries=0 - HTTP error: Method: POST - URL: https://sim10568.agni.lindenlab.com:12043/cap/5f2d7f50-68d7-65ea-561b-44a436ef594d - Status: 499 - Reason: STATUS_EXPIRED - Content: !
It looks like your connection to Internet is unreliable in some way (thus my insisting question about the router issue: that's typical of a limited amount of simultaneous circuits (ports) caused by a poor, so-called "router"). This also could be a DNS issue (but we should also see name resolution failures), or something else, going on at your ISP's. It'd be interesting to look at other viewers (LL's) logs and see if the same type of messages are shown (they will be different messages, but connection failures should still be reported nonetheless).

It could also be a problem with a given sim (RC server sims are usual suspects): did you try to connect from different sims ?

Quote:
BUT after I tried to check marketplace folder the viewer crashed.
Yes, well, I admit that since I *never* had the Marketplace failing to connect, I couldn't test this occurrence: when the Marketplace folder shows "fetch failed", you must *not* use any of its context menu actions (this issue will be solved in the next releases). Instead, close and reopen the Inventory floater: it should re-trigger a marketplace connection attempt with v1.26.14.2.

Quote:
Second start - Viewer failed to log in after a couple of minutes.
Again, this looks totally unrelated with the marketplace... Especially since in v1.26.14.2 the Marketplace will no more initialize before the login process is fully completed.

Quote:
Third start took again a long time with "Loading World" again the MP error message.
The inventory starts to load again. As I tried "check for errors" the viewer crashed again.
.../...
"Normal" and irrelevant, see above.

Quote:
I have now disabled the mp with your new debug setting. Inventory is loading again...
Yes, I implemented this setting so that you could at least use the viewer like you would for a non-marketplace enabled one... Does it work fine with this debug setting set to TRUE ? Do you see any connection failure message in the log when it's enabled ?

Also, please, test the following:
  • Set "MarketplaceDisabled" to TRUE before logging in.
  • Log in and wait for the inventory to fully load, then close the inventory floater.
  • Change "MarketplaceDisabled" to FALSE. and enable the debug console (so that you can watch the debug messages in real time).
  • Open the inventory floater (the viewer will then attempt to connect to the marketplace).
  • Watch the messages, and see what happens, then please report it in this thread and post the corresponding log.

Another thing you could try, if the above still fails, would be to disable AISv3 ("Advanced" -> "Network" -> "Use AISv3 protocol for Inventory") before re-enabling the Marketplace (by setting "MarketplaceDisabled" to FALSE). I'm also interested in the logs for it (please, do rename each log so that I can easily know which log corresponds to which test).

Quote:
LL's VMM viewer: No, I have no issues with this viewer. It starts quickly. Evertyhing works fine. When I open the Marketplace floater it takes about 10 seconds
and it shows everything. All folders are there and I can work with them. No issues!
And what happens if you clear LL's viewer cache (to remove the cached inventory data), then log in and immediately open the Marketplace floater and connect to the Marketplace (i.e. connecting to the MP while the inventory for it is still loading) ?

Sorry to ask you so many things, but since I don't have a 2000 items (!) Marketplace to test the viewer with it, I can't diagnose the issue alone, alas... :-/

2015-08-02 10:13:39
Profile WWW

Addendum: you might also want to try and disable HTTP Pipelining (in Advanced -> Network), and see if it makes those pesky 499 errors go away... Could be a CDN server issue in that case...

2015-08-03 13:43:13
Profile WWW

No time in the moment for the test. But I will do it in the next days...I'll be back :-)

Btw. I don't use WIFI here!!!. I have a patch panel here and everything is connected via CAT7 cable. Speed in use: 1Gb. ISP speed is poor - maybe that worsen the issue.
The Draytek is the router not the modem. The modem in use is an old one from my ISP. But I will try it without the router and connect to the modem directly.

2015-08-03 18:22:52

nofu nagy wrote:
Btw. I don't use WIFI here!!!
Well, you cited the Draytek 2910, which, according to what I saw on the web search results, is a WiFi router... It was therefore a reasonable guess from my part, no need to shout...

Quote:
But I will try it without the router and connect to the modem directly.
Yes, please... You'd be surprised about how many such so-called SoHo "routers" have a low tolerance and low performances...

2015-08-03 20:37:42
Profile WWW

Please, try today's release: it got many fixes, among which crash bug fixes (if you still get crashes with it, please do post the CoolVLViewer.dmp crash dump together with the log, so that I can diagnose the crash and fix the corresponding bugs).

2015-08-08 10:46:10
Profile WWW

nofu nagy wrote:
No time in the moment for the test. But I will do it in the next days...I'll be back :-)
Any news ? Does the latest release work fine for you now ?

2015-08-28 08:02:28
Profile WWW

Hi Henri :)
Since I was also affected by this to some degree, I thought I would answer you as well.
The latest viewer is much much better. Any lagging issues and error messages have disappeared (for me).
Sincerely, thank you very much.

The only thing that I wish were possible is for the MP folder to be completely moved to another tab (or hidden) so that it does not show at all in regular inventory. Basically, the only time I want to see or use it is when I am loading new products or updating products on the Marketplace. Otherwise, I have no reason to look in that folder at all. These are the kinds of things I have to be careful with now:
- Whenever I use search/sort to look for a particular item/box (for instance to open and use, or, deliver to another person), the MP folder opens as well. Unless I am very careful, I risk pulling the item out of the MP section.
- Once the Marketplace Folder is activated, if I try to drag any item or folder above it to another folder, I get that message that says only drag/drop no copy items or make sure you copy items. It really gets in the way of what I'm trying to move and I fear I'll end up dropping it in the MP folder by mistake.

2015-08-28 16:28:45

Arwen Serpente wrote:
Hi Henri :)
Since I was also affected by this to some degree, I thought I would answer you as well.
The latest viewer is much much better. Any lagging issues and error messages have disappeared (for me).
Thanks for the info

Quote:
The only thing that I wish were possible is for the MP folder to be completely moved to another tab (or hidden) so that it does not show at all in regular inventory.
I may consider this option for a later release.

2015-08-29 10:42:06
Profile WWW

Henri, I just wanted to pop on the forums to thank you for adding the "hide Marketplace Folder" option in the viewer Inventory menu. It is such a great addition - now my searches are uncluttered and don't pick up my MP items unless I want them too. Thank you so very much!

2015-09-13 17:19:10

Arwen Serpente wrote:
Henri, I just wanted to pop on the forums to thank you for adding the "hide Marketplace Folder" option in the viewer Inventory menu. It is such a great addition - now my searches are uncluttered and don't pick up my MP items unless I want them too. Thank you so very much!
Well, it's also thank to you: useful feature suggestions are always welcome.

2015-09-13 18:40:42
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2