Cool VL Viewer forum

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 2024-03-29 08:41:21

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
Building bug wrt textures 

I tried the latest viewer CoolVLViewer-1.26.14.11, but needed to revert to CoolVLViewer-1.26.14.7 (the only one I had on my computer prior) due to the following:
When building and applying a full perm texture to a full perm prim, the texture was automatically put into the contents 6 times/duplicates with no mod/no transfer perms, so the prim also became no mod/no transfer. In addition, it seems that the edit window that is opened to find a texture in inventory did not work properly - the "apply immediately" button was greyed out and the texture could only be applied by dragging and dropping it onto the texture window in edit.

Henri, I reverted to my prior version of the viewer quite fast because I couldn't proceed with this happening, so I only worked with the 1.26.14.11 viewer for a few minutes. Since my prior version was from September, I'm not sure where/which build this bug started to show in.

I hope this is an easy one to replicate and fix if you find the same issue.
Thanks

2015-10-29 15:06:56

Cannot reproduce...

Please, follow the rules to the letter and provide the logs !!!
Also provide a step by step recipe to reproduce the bug.

As far as I can see, there is no such bug (I cannot reproduce anything similar to what you describe), and there's no code change since v1.26.14.7 that could be related, even remotely, to what you describe (no change to object editing, in particular); if you only tested the latest release "a few minutes", I suggest you try it again and check that you are not trying to put the texture inside the prim (did you hold CTRL down while dragging and dropping the texture on the prim ?) instead of onto one of its face...

2015-10-29 15:28:30
Profile WWW

Sorry Henri, I didn't use this version of the viewer very long so there aren't any logs to report. I was building correctly. I will try it again once I'm finished with my current project.

Edited: Henri, I did a reinstall and you are correct - the bug that I experienced before does not appear any more. Perhaps it was something to do with the sim I was in? I don't know (obviously). Thank you for looking at this, and my apologies.

2015-10-29 15:43:46
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]