Cool VL Viewer forum

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 2024-04-19 12:10:31

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
My life with CoolVLness 

Hello :)
Just registered to tell my story of life or at least with CoolVL.

But wait,I should report it chronically.
My hardware has changed a few times, but that didnt influenced the problems I'll talk about.
(for the records:
XP Pro x64 Version 2003 SP2
Board: i5-3470 with 16GB RAM (1.5GB RamDisk for Viewer Cache)
VGA 2014: GTX460 (driver 3.20.cant remember)
VGA 2015: GTX570 (driver around 3.47)
VGA 2016: GTX770 (driver 3.68)

Coming from Imprudence and switched to Singularity as OneFang left and Imprudence died.
Over the time Singularity went slower and slower in fetching textures, no matter if with or without html-fetching
(the v1.8.x takes me minutes to see whats around the landing spot after a teleport (CoolVL not even 5 seconds)

So I finally arrived the CoolVL ship.
I missed a lot of functionality (too long to list and not the point here) but I could
see my Secondlife very fine and fast.
This has ended with switching from renderer 3.5 to 3.7 (materials) (CoolVL 1.26.8->1.26.9)
With this change I faced the "some objects don't render"-bug the first time.
(I already had read alot about from firestorm users)
Sometimes they do not render at all, sometimes, they only render only at first view, after wandering around the region abit and coming back: disappeared.
Sometimes right click in the air helped, sometimes not.
This issue I had with all builds between 1.26.9 till 1.26.16 and so I kept staying with the great 1.26.78 even if i regulary did tests with newer builds whenever they came out.
I've played alot with debug settings ("disable object cache" etc and "clear cache each viewer start" - yes there is a paramater to do this)
but nothing worked fine enough, just between minor and little better.
With 1.26.17 the issue went away and anything rendered fine, materials and all the funny stuff came out in the meanwhile.
Yesterday I've updated to 1.26.18.7 and got my problem back.

Attachment:
1.26.18.7.jpg
1.26.18.7.jpg [ 60.3 KiB | Viewed 1424 times ]

- Drawing distance 64m
- ALM on (1.26.18)
- Defered rendering off (1.26.8)
- Shadows off

========== BIG BREAK ===========

Coolness in 1.26.18.7:
- Hiding the marketplace listing from the inventory is a great idea
I always struggled there while moving inventory items and folders
Can we have a quick access button (somewhere around the inventory) to enable/disable the view of this folder?
OR move the folder to the absolute top or bottom of the inventory, maybe with a seperator?

Regards Dianna Loxely

2016-06-02 10:25:31

Quote:
XP Pro x64 Version 2003 SP2
You should quickly upgrade to a newer OS (I'd suggest Windows 7 in your case), since the Windows XP support is doomed on the short term (when I will migrate to 64 bits builds, Windows XP builds will be history, because LL is using VS2012/3 in a non-compatible mode for its pre-built libraries). Also, after the 5th of June, it will be impossible for you to log in SL sites from the built-in QtWebKit web browser (and since CEF3 won't run on XP, you will be screwed).

Quote:
Drawing distance 64m
What happens when you increase this to a more reasonable value (128 or 256m) ? Be aware that some very large prims could get "visually muted" when they are larger than the draw distance...

Quote:
- ALM on (1.26.18)
- Defered rendering off (1.26.8)
What happens when you turn ALM ( = deferred rendering) off in v1.26.18 ?

Quote:
With 1.26.17 the issue went away and anything rendered fine, materials and all the funny stuff came out in the meanwhile.
Yesterday I've updated to 1.26.18.7 and got my problem back.
v1.26.18 is just a renumbering of v1.26.17 that occurred when the latter got deemed stable enough: there should be no difference whatsoever in how they render things. I suggest that you check that your graphics driver is not screwing up v1.26.18 with "application profiles", or that your firewall is not blocking some of the ports used by v1.26.18.

In any case: no log = no diagnostic beyond pure guess work like above.

Please, follow the bug reporting rules to the letter !

2016-06-02 12:05:55
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]