Cool VL Viewer forum

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 2024-04-19 07:44:43

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
MAX non-impostors bugs 

Hey Henri.
Since the update to the avatars rendering tab i noticed that my setings are not persistent so if i set max non-impostors to 1, after a relog the slider is still at 1 but the real value is set to OFF i guess.
The other thing that happened was when i set avatar complexity to 10000 i get an instant crash and i need to manualy set it back to off to be able to login with no crash. Also the view angle slider resets to default after the crash.

Attachments:
logs.zip [27.17 KiB]
Downloaded 137 times
2016-06-06 20:09:46

The viewer crashed during the impostor colour calculation, when it attempted to retrieve the UUID for the visually-muted avatar. However, this should not happen, and I cannot reproduce anything you are describing here. Please, let me know where exactly on the grid it did happen: maybe some environmental object could explain this crash...

Also, for good measure, you could uninstall completely the viewer and reinstall it, please (may be some corrupted file could cause havoc: I'm specifically thinking about the settings file)...

2016-06-06 21:25:15
Profile WWW

The sim is : Goldy (155, 43, 21)

I will try a fresh install and see if i can replicate it.

//edit:

After a fresh install nothing changed. (even deleted the user setings file and the secondlife folder under roamning)
- Non-impostors slider at 1 but acts like its off untill i move it.
- When i set the complexity to 10000 it crashed even BEFORE i clicked apply.
- After the crash view angle was reset to default.

I added the fresh logs.

ps. the crash is nor really important too me because i keep that setting off but wanted to let u know about it. The only thing that bothers me is the non-impostor seting not working at the set value after relog.

Attachments:
logs2.zip [30.46 KiB]
Downloaded 145 times
2016-06-06 21:49:27

The log corresponds to a non-crashed session (the dump file was taken 5 minutes later... Please, check the files timestamps before sending the log+crash dump...

Also, I cannot reproduce any of the bugs you describe: setting to "impostors off" does persist for me over sessions, and I do not crash, whatever is the maximum complexity setting... It could be an issue with the permissions on the settings folder (in the roaming profile)... Or, are you using a Restrained Love item that uses the max distance limiting feature (this would explain the overriding of the "no impostors" setting, but not the crash) ?

Also, please check that an anti-virus is not blocking the viewer from writing to the roaming profile folder (especially if you recently installed v1.26.19 on your system: maybe your antivirus was not told it's not a dangerous program, and with the viewer plugins writing stuff in roaming, it could have been flagged as such).

2016-06-06 23:51:31
Profile WWW

So... the crash thing did not happen anymore and i guess its related to some avatar... I will try and test it some more on other sims.
I have no idea how to fix the max non impostor thing because evereything seems ok and i do not have Restrained Love enabled . The setings file is ok, the slider is where i want it to be at 1, but the rendering acts like it is set to off, there must be some kind of bug.

So to be clear:
- i want it to the value of 1
- i set it to the value of 1 and everything is ok (lower avatar detail and slower animation)
- after i relog the slider is still at the value of 1 but the rendering shows it as turned off. (full speed animations and detail on all avatars around).

<key>RenderAvatarMaxNonImpostors</key>
<map>
<key>Comment</key>
<string>Maximum number of non-impostor avatars to display at any one time</string>
<key>Type</key>
<string>U32</string>
<key>Value</key>
<integer>1</integer>
</map>

Any ideas? What else can i try? Tell me if u need any more logs or debugs. Thanks.

2016-06-07 02:08:04

Quote:
So... the crash thing did not happen anymore and i guess its related to some avatar... I will try and test it some more on other sims.
Well, I came in your sim with the same viewer and didn't experience any crash... I put more safeguards in place for the future releases, but I still can't explain the crash you got...

Quote:
I have no idea how to fix the max non impostor thing because evereything seems ok and i do not have Restrained Love enabled . The setings file is ok, the slider is where i want it to be at 1, but the rendering acts like it is set to off, there must be some kind of bug.

So to be clear:
- i want it to the value of 1
- i set it to the value of 1 and everything is ok (lower avatar detail and slower animation)
- after i relog the slider is still at the value of 1 but the rendering shows it as turned off. (full speed animations and detail on all avatars around).
I tried that: no problem whatsoever here: avatars rendered as impostors (but one, and no, it's not your own avatar; at least one other avatar will be rendered normally, as expected).
Either there is something utterly screwed up on your system (or some virus ?), or you omitted to give some essential step in the procedure to reproduce that bug.

Please, attach your settings_coolvlviewer_12619.xml file (to be found in the roaming folder for the Cool VL Viewer, user_settings sub-folder); perhaps I will be able to spot an issue in it or by running a viewer with it.

2016-06-07 13:59:55
Profile WWW

I know its 1 avatar that is not me, the problem is that the slider is still at 1 after relog but its like the rendering code is just ignoring that seting until i set it again.

So what i do is login like normal but i imediatley notice my low fps and ALL avatars moving at full animation speed and looking like the feature is turned off.
I go to the avatar rendering tab and everything here looks OK, the slider is at 1, BUT it dose not act like it until i move it right or left (to 2 or off) and then at the wanted value (1 in my case ). As soon as i do that my fps jumps back up and the setting works as intended for the rest of the sesion. I really do not know why that specific setting is not persistent between sesions because it used to work just fine before the new added setings tab.

Here is the settings file. I will make a short video or something that shows the behavior and send it to you.

//edit: also added the last log from the video. (CoolVLViewer.zip)
ps. in this log u can see another "bug" (idk if i need to make a new topic for it) related to the voice startup that refuses to connect sometimes untill i reset it (enable/disable voice).

//edit2: i added another crash log for the complexity bug and i am pretty sure its related to some avatar (one of the bots on the sim). I do not think it was there last night when u checked and thats why i was not able to reproduce it after but i managed to do it today.

Thank you again.

Attachments:
complexity crash.zip [29.95 KiB]
Downloaded 148 times
CoolVLViewer.zip [15.27 KiB]
Downloaded 151 times
settings_coolvlviewer_12619.zip [7.16 KiB]
Downloaded 154 times
2016-06-07 14:43:36

TheADX wrote:
So what i do is login like normal but i imediatley notice my low fps and ALL avatars moving at full animation speed and looking like the feature is turned off.
I go to the avatar rendering tab and everything here looks OK, the slider is at 1, BUT it dose not act like it until i move it right or left (to 2 or off) and then at the wanted value (1 in my case ). As soon as i do that my fps jumps back up and the setting works as intended for the rest of the sesion. I really do not know why that specific setting is not persistent between sesions because it used to work just fine before the new added setings tab.

Here is the settings file. I will make a short video or something that shows the behavior and send it to you.
I'm afraid I can't explain your issue, short of some virus or weird driver bug, because things are working and coded properly: I watched your video, I used your settings file (on a 64 bits Windows 7 session, with the released viewer v1.26.19.10), and the impostors are properly impostored on login for me...

Quote:
in this log u can see another "bug" (idk if i need to make a new topic for it) related to the voice startup that refuses to connect sometimes untill i reset it (enable/disable voice).
The voice disconnections are not an issue with the viewer (LL's viewers and other TPVs also experience issues with voice lately), but with Vivox service/connectivity. Since I never use voice myself, I'll not bother implementing a work-around (such as an auto-reconnection feature), sorry...

Quote:
i added another crash log for the complexity bug and i am pretty sure its related to some avatar (one of the bots on the sim). I do not think it was there last night when u checked and thats why i was not able to reproduce it after but i managed to do it today.
Here, I have good news for you: yes, today I did crash in the sim in question, and yes it was due to the presence of a particular (characteristic of an) avatar: the problem was with a wrong calculation/rounding during the scaling of the most significant byte of the avatar UUID to a color table index (causing the latter index to overflow the table size). It has been fixed for next releases.

2016-06-07 17:51:09
Profile WWW

Well at least we got a bug fixed :D
Even if i use voice every sesion, I know about you not using voice so thats why i did not make a topic before.
I do not have any viruses but a driver bug may explain the strange thing that happens. I will try and investigate more if i can.

Thank you for the help :)

/edit: All problems fixed after v1.26.19.11 update. The setting is now persistent.

2016-06-07 18:12:30
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]