Cool VL Viewer forum

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 2024-03-28 13:00:16

Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Alpha rendering broken in 1.26.20.36 / 1.26.21.2 

To reproduce:
1. Use Cool VL Viewer 1.26.20.41
2. Wear a mesh body and the body alpha to hide the legacy body. I used both Maitreya and Slink mesh bodies with the same result.
3. Use an applier to apply a top and bottom clothing layer to the mesh body.
4. Mesh bodies use HUDs so that the user can change the alpha cuts to the mesh body, change which appliers they are wearing, adjust skintone, etc. In the mesh body HUD, there is an ability to toggle alpha masking on and off for the appliers.
Result:
When alpha masking is on, there is flickering, alpha conflicts, and disappearing layers or parts of them.

Expected result:
When alpha masking is on, there should be no flickering, disappearing pieces, or conflicts of the clothing layers.
Cool VL Viewer 1.26.20.27 and LL Viewer work as expected.

I tried to attach a zip of the photo however it is larger than 64k and cannot be attached to the forum.
I am not using anything out of the ordinary. The glitch only appeared to me in the .40 and .41 viewers since I had been using .27 prior to that. It does not appear in the LL viewer.

2018-01-20 13:52:00

• Attach the images without zipping them (convert to JPG to reduce size if needed).
  • Copy/paste the details from the "Help" -> "About..." floater and post it here.
  • Provide the viewer log file (the log must correspond to the viewer session in which the issue occurs), as a zip file.
  • Provide a pointer to a demo mesh on the marketplace or in a shop on the grid, so that I could try and reproduce the issue.
  • A HUD cannot toggle the viewer alpha-masking. Try toggling it from the Advanced -> Rendering.
  • After changing anything with your HUD on the mesh textures, right click on the mesh to pop the pie menu (make sure first that "Tools" -> "Pick rigged meshes" is ticked in menu), then hit CTRL SHIFT U to force-reload the textures and see what happens. Alternatively, detach and reattach the mesh.

2018-01-20 13:58:06
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 12 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2