Cool VL Viewer forum

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 2024-04-18 20:20:36

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
Some possible 1.26.21 bugs 

Hi Henri,

I have been building and using the .21 branch for a while. I noticed a few issues over the months and finally collected some screen caps which show them. I realize they may be related to my environment but they do occur in the prebuilt as well as my self built versions.

• The login panel's (and even rendered world) content does not fill the entire 'maximized' window on startup. https://snag.gy/yhM8ka.jpg If I 'restore' then 'maximize', the content fills.This does not seem to effect 1.26.20. Possibly Dullahan related?
  • The destinations on the login are not usable as start locations. When clicking on one, the message 'The SLURL you clicked is not supported.', as showing in the above link. This seems present for me in both .20 and .21. Environmental?
  • Tiny and/or oddly shaped avatars render badly when they enter a scene until I select 'Refresh' from their pie menu. The two links show a before and after. https://snag.gy/hpCS2P.jpg https://snag.gy/ZgRQvN.jpg

My info is:
Code:
[xxxxxxxx@zane ~]$ uname -a
Linux zane 4.15.10-300.fc27.x86_64 #1 SMP Thu Mar 15 17:13:04 UTC 2018 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
[xxxxxxxx@zane ~]$ nvidia-settings -v

nvidia-settings:  version 390.42  (mockbuild@buildvm-06.virt.rpmfusion.net)  Tue Mar 13 02:55:05 CET 2018

Code:
Processor: AMD® A4-7300 apu with radeon hd graphics × 2
Graphics: GeForce GTX 1050 Ti/PCIe/SSE2
GNOME: Version 3.26.2

Code:
Cool VL Viewer v1.26.21.14, 64 bits, Mar 24 2018 06:31:57
Release Notes

CPU: AMD A4-7300 APU with Radeon HD Graphics (3800.15 MHz)
Memory: 16065MB
OS version: Linux-x86_64 v4.15.10-300.fc27.x86_64 #1 SMP Thu Mar 15 17:13:04 UTC 2018
Memory manager: jemalloc v5.0.1
Graphics card vendor: NVIDIA Corporation
Graphics card: GeForce GTX 1050 Ti/PCIe/SSE2
OpenGL version: 4.6.0 NVIDIA 390.42
Detected VRAM: 4096MB
J2C decoder: OpenJPEG: 1.4.0.635d
Audio driver: OpenAL v1.1 ALSOFT 1.18.2 (OpenAL Soft: OpenAL Soft)
Networking backend: libcurl/7.54.1 OpenSSL/1.0.2n zlib/1.2.11 nghttp2/1.30.0
Embedded browser: CEF3 plugin v3.3325.1750.gaabe4c4

Built with: GCC v7.3.1

Compile flags used for this build:
-O3 -fno-delete-null-pointer-checks -fno-align-labels -fno-align-loops -fno-ipa-cp-clone -fsched-pressure -frename-registers -fweb -DNDEBUG -mtune=native -std=c++98 -pipe -g -gdwarf-2 -gstrict-dwarf -fno-var-tracking-assignments -fexceptions -fno-strict-aliasing -fvisibility=hidden -fsigned-char -m64 -mfpmath=sse -fno-math-errno -fno-trapping-math -pthread -fno-stack-protector -Wall -Wno-reorder -Wno-unused-local-typedefs -Wno-deprecated-declarations -Wno-placement-new -Werror -DLL_LINUX=1 -D_REENTRANT -D_GLIBCXX_USE_CXX11_ABI=0 -DXML_STATIC -DLL_USE_JEMALLOC=1 -DLL_ELFBIN=1 -DLL_LUA=1 -DOV_EXCLUDE_STATIC_CALLBACKS -DLL_FMODEX=1 -DLL_OPENAL=1 -DLL_SDL=1 -DLIB_NDOF=1 -DLL_X11=1

2018-03-27 22:01:37

ZaneZimer wrote:
Hi Henri,

I have been building and using the .21 branch for a while. I noticed a few issues over the months and finally collected some screen caps which show them. I realize they may be related to my environment but they do occur in the prebuilt as well as my self built versions.

• The login panel's (and even rendered world) content does not fill the entire 'maximized' window on startup. https://snag.gy/yhM8ka.jpg If I 'restore' then 'maximize', the content fills.This does not seem to effect 1.26.20. Possibly Dullahan related?

It certainly does fill up the whole screen for me... What happens with the official build of the Cool VL Viewer ?

Quote:
  • The destinations on the login are not usable as start locations. When clicking on one, the message 'The SLURL you clicked is not supported.', as showing in the above link. This seems present for me in both .20 and .21. Environmental?
  • Tiny and/or oddly shaped avatars render badly when they enter a scene until I select 'Refresh' from their pie menu. The two links show a before and after. https://snag.gy/hpCS2P.jpg https://snag.gy/ZgRQvN.jpg

These also happen with v1.26.20...

The SLURL issue seems new (it used to work) and probably a change in LL's login page HTML code. I'll have a look at what new SLURL scheme they are using there...

As for the mesh avatars, it's a known issue that happens in all viewers (LL's and TPVs alike), and the reason why the avatar "Refresh" feature exists in the first place (even LL ended up implementing it for their viewer)... It's a race condition in mesh data transfer and rendering and there is no fix that I know of.

2018-03-27 22:49:08
Profile WWW

Henri Beauchamp wrote:
It certainly does fill up the whole screen for me... What happens with the official build of the Cool VL Viewer ?
With the 'offical build' of .20, I see expected behavior. For my self built version and the pre-built .21, it sometimes launches properly and the content fills my entire 1920x1080. Most of the time it does not. It almost feels like some sort of race condition. I didn't really mention it earlier as this is still the experimental branch and it is something I can easily mitigate with a couple of key presses after launch.

Henri Beauchamp wrote:
As for the mesh avatars, it's a known issue that happens in all viewers (LL's and TPVs alike), and the reason why the avatar "Refresh" feature exists in the first place (even LL ended up implementing it for their viewer)... It's a race condition in mesh data transfer and rendering and there is no fix that I know of.
Now that you refresh my memory, no pun intended, I do seem to recall that this isn't new or specific to Cool VL Viewer. Thanks for the reminder.

BTW, on the matter of jemalloc, I did notice a bump in fps as you had indicated. It is nice. :-)

2018-03-27 23:36:15

ZaneZimer wrote:
Henri Beauchamp wrote:
With the 'offical build' of .20, I see expected behavior. For my self built version and the pre-built .21, it sometimes launches properly and the content fills my entire 1920x1080. Most of the time it does not. It almost feels like some sort of race condition. I didn't really mention it earlier as this is still the experimental branch and it is something I can easily mitigate with a couple of key presses after launch.
Dullahan issue, I'm afraid (so I would expect to see the same thing happening in LL's viewer, for example)...

Quote:
BTW, on the matter of jemalloc, I did notice a bump in fps as you had indicated. It is nice. :-)
Alas, it breaks parcel media with FMOD Ex... See this message.

Also, new "location_login" SLURL scheme (for SL login screen "Visit this place" buttons) implemented for next releases.

2018-03-27 23:57:46
Profile WWW

Henri Beauchamp wrote:
Alas, it breaks parcel media with FMOD Ex... See this message.
I saw that thread. Bummer. I use OpenAL so I have not encountered that issue (even though I rarely play parcel media).
Henri Beauchamp wrote:
Also, new "location_login" SLURL scheme (for SL login screen "Visit this place" buttons) implemented for next releases.
Wow, thanks for the quick turn around on that.

2018-03-28 00:09:04
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]