Cool VL Viewer forum

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 2024-04-19 03:58:50

Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Bug in Region/Estate Access list 

Henri Beauchamp wrote:

GeoffEarnshaw wrote:
Can you try it as grouped owed?

Not sure... Isn't switching to group-owned irreversible ?

I think you can switch back to non-grouped owned region. I seem to remember you can but when I did it for another person I was an admin using God powers. So if you can't switch back, you can have an admin do it for you.
Henri Beauchamp wrote:

GeoffEarnshaw wrote:
Seems if the region is grouped owned and if you're not on the estate managers list even though you are a owner of the group, you don't have access to the region/estate settings or the manager list.

I will have a look at the code itself... Not too sure how this case is supposed to be handled however (the permissions checking is the one used in SL, so I would suppose it is valid for SL, at least)...

I do not remember how this was handled by the viewer prior to me being a grid admin. Now that I am no longer a grid admin, I would have expected that regions that are grouped owned and have the proper group permissions to edit the region settings would be able to modify the Region/estate settings. Could this be a grid issue vs a viewer issue? I'll have to test it on Firestorm to be sure.

Thanks,
Geoff

2019-10-17 16:19:06

Hi Henri,

So I tested this with 3 other viewers (Firestorm, Singularity Alpha, and Alchemy). I got the same results that I got on Cool VL Viewer. With group owned regions, I cannot add or remove Estate Managers. But I am able to add and remove groups, add/remove ban avatars and etc. Therefore I believe this is a bug in Opensim. I'll consider filling out a bug report with them.

Thanks for your help!
Geoff

2019-10-26 18:15:13

GeoffEarnshaw wrote:
So I tested this with 3 other viewers (Firestorm, Singularity Alpha, and Alchemy). I got the same results that I got on Cool VL Viewer. With group owned regions, I cannot add or remove Estate Managers. But I am able to add and remove groups, add/remove ban avatars and etc. Therefore I believe this is a bug in Opensim. I'll consider filling out a bug report with them.
Not sure it is a bug in OpenSim, but it is certainly how LL determined land management should be dealt with in the viewers (I verified that my viewer was doing it the same way as others on this respect)...

If is is not an OpenSim bug and the OpenSim devels want the viewers to react differently in OpenSim for land management, they will have to speak up and provide the details to the TPV developers...

2019-10-26 18:27:57
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 13 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2