Cool VL Viewer forum

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 2024-04-19 16:33:44

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
Enabling RLV in Opensim 

Hi Henri,

I just rebooted my old Opensim and updated it to 9.1.1. I tried out a very basic RLV script to toggle @detach=y/n in a wearable object and could not get the object to become non-detachable. I know this worked with Cool VL Viewer in the past. The RLV check box is enabled in the viewer settings, and i see the detach commands show up in the debug screen. The output from llOwnerSay("@detach=n") is even suppressed as expected.

Lastly, the RLV script works as expected in SL. I am very confused! Can you help me understand what I am missing? Why are the RLV commands not working for me?

Thank you!
~Lycia

2020-01-18 10:46:23

Indeed a bug caused by the detection of fully rezzed avatar (RLV commands will be queued and delayed till the avatar is fully rezzed, to avoid race conditions between initial outfit restoration and RLV wearing/attaching restriction commands).

Two flags that indicate that the Current Outfit folder must be refreshed (and that are taken into account for the "fully rezzed" test) are never reset in OpenSIM when you configure the viewer not to use the COF...

To work around this bug till the next release, simply check "Preference" -> "Cool feature" -> "Inventory" -> "Use the COF in OpenSIM grids".

2020-01-18 11:50:18
Profile WWW

That works!!

Just tried it out and yes, turning on COF is a simple workaround for the issue. Impressive work finding that so fast, I was sure this was something i had forgotten. Thank you for continuing to support my favorite Viewer!

~Lycia

2020-01-19 20:44:35
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]