Cool VL Viewer forum

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 2024-04-19 11:01:30

Reply to topic  [ 30 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
Region render issue after edit apperance 

I have stumbled upon a strange behavior. I have been using a mesh body in the last year and the maker recently enabled BOM for it. I have found that I still like wearing system layer t-shirts. So much so that I have been trying to create some myself. It seems that after editing and saving, even just the color of an item (say a jacket layer), upon teleporting to a new region, almost nothing renders. Terrain and sky elements seem fine along with many old style Linden trees.

I have before and after logs. The before log is just a login session where I am 'home', teleport away and back. Things are render correctly and completely. The after log is the same teleport cycle, except before the first teleport away, I edit the color of a jacket layer item. Any region I teleport thereafter is very sparsely rendered. The only way to clear this condition is to relog. My untrained eye hasn't spotted anything interesting in the logs. I'm happy to provide more info, if I am able. Cheers.

My version info:
Code:
Cool VL Viewer v1.26.24.19, 64 bits, May 16 2020 04:49:29
Release Notes

CPU: AMD Athlon(tm) X4 880K Quad Core Processor (3999.86 MHz)
Memory: 32136MB
OS version: Linux-x86_64 v5.6.13-200.fc31.x86_64 #1 SMP Thu May 14 23:26:14 UTC 2020
Memory manager: jemalloc v5.2.1-20200515
Graphics card vendor: NVIDIA Corporation
Graphics card: GeForce GTX 1080 Ti/PCIe/SSE2
OpenGL version: 4.6.0 NVIDIA 440.82
Detected VRAM: 11264MB
J2C decoder: OpenJPEG: 1.4.0.635f
Audio driver: OpenAL v1.1 ALSOFT 1.19.1 (OpenAL Soft: OpenAL Soft)
Networking backend: libcurl/7.47.0 OpenSSL/1.0.2u zlib/1.2.11
Embedded browser: CEF3 plugin v74.1.19+gb62bacf+chromium-74.0.3729.157

Built with: GCC v9.3.1
Compiler-generated maths: AVX.

Compile flags used for this build:
-O3 -fno-delete-null-pointer-checks -falign-functions=16 -falign-jumps=16 -fno-align-labels -fno-align-loops -fno-ipa-cp-clone -fsched-pressure -frename-registers -fweb -fira-hoist-pressure -DNDEBUG -march=native -std=c++11 -fPIC -pipe -g -gdwarf-2 -gstrict-dwarf -fno-var-tracking-assignments -fexceptions -fno-strict-aliasing -fvisibility=hidden -fsigned-char -m64 -mfpmath=sse -fno-math-errno -fno-trapping-math -pthread -fno-stack-protector -Wall -Wno-reorder -Wno-unused-local-typedefs -Wno-deprecated-declarations -Wno-unused-variable -Wno-placement-new -Wno-parentheses -Werror -DLL_LINUX=1 -D_REENTRANT -D_GLIBCXX_USE_CXX11_ABI=0 -DLL_USE_JEMALLOC=1 -DLL_ELFBIN=1 -DLL_LUA=1 -DOV_EXCLUDE_STATIC_CALLBACKS -DLL_FMODSTUDIO=1 -DLL_OPENAL=1 -DLL_SDL=1 -DLIB_NDOF=1 -DLL_X11=1

Attachments:
File comment: Login session having edited appearance just once
CoolVLViewer_after.zip [25.04 KiB]
Downloaded 99 times
File comment: Login session with no appearance edit
CoolVLViewer_before.zip [24.87 KiB]
Downloaded 109 times
2020-05-24 12:46:28

Nothing in the logs, and I cannot reproduce any such issue here. I tried as follow, wearing a BOM rigged mesh avatar body: created a jacket in Appearance editing mode, changed color, closed appearance, waited for rebake, TPed in a far sim (where I normally do not go, so that nothing is cached). Everything rezzed fine. Edited the jacket color again, waited for rebake, TPed in yet another far sim. No issue. Removed the jacket, TPed again. Still no issue... Logged off, logged on again, put the jacket on, changed color, TPed in a fourth sim. Still no issue.

Since I cannot reproduce the issue, it's hard for me to get a single clue on what's wrong on your end (plus BoM textures should have strictly no impact on objects rezzing). Try wiping out your cache and see if it changes anything. Should it happen again, open the texture console (CTRL SHIFT 3), enable "Advanced" -> "HUD info" -> "Show mesh queue" and see if any of those get "stuck" loading textures or meshes. You may also try "Advanced" -> "Rendering" -> "Refresh visibility of objects" to see if it changes anything.

2020-05-24 17:16:53
Profile WWW

Thanks for taking a look Henri. I have tried with a clear cache. I have also tried the Refresh visibility of objects. So far not much has affected the outcome. I'll keep testing and take a look at the mesh queue as well. Of note, I have slightly reduced the MeshMaxConncurrentRequests to 28 and bumped up the Mesh2MaxConncurrentRequests. That had no effect. I have also tried resetting to defaults to see if that had any effect. I didn't notice any change.

Another odd thing (not sure if it is related) but in Edit Appearance the avatar preview shows a completely white texture in the 'shirt' area (all other textures are correct). I'll see if wearing any shirt/jacket causes that or just the few I usually wear. I'm wondering if this mesh body could be 'faulty' in some way.

2020-05-24 17:32:40

I've had something very similar happening: I've had random things that simply wouldn't rez, it was as if they were not there. But I'm quite sure it isn't related to editing one's appearance because I saw it once happening right after a login: things were missing in my home, some prims, some mesh; where they were supposed to be, there was just nothing. Since there was no reason for them to have disappeared, I relogged, and here they were again. I saw that happening on various occasions after that, but each time, it was during a rather long session, so the logs were probably too big to be posted. I was waiting for it to happen again on login to post the logs; I'll do it as soon as I can.
By the way, if it doesn't seem to be related to appearance editing, it might be related to BOM: I recently started to use a BOM-enabled mesh head, and each time it happened, I was wearing it.

2020-05-24 17:56:57

Frankly, BoM is likely totally unrelated... It more looks like an object cache culling (race condition) bug.

If you can compile the viewer yourself, try this simple modification, around line 2443 of linden/indra/newview/llviewermenu.cpp, add "LLDrawable::incrementVisible();" to read:
Code:
void handle_objects_visibility(void*)
{
   LLDrawable::incrementVisible();

for (S32 i = 0, count = gObjectList.getNumObjects(); i < count; ++i)
   {
.../...

This code is called after login and after each TP, and also when you use "Refresh objects visibility" manually. The added incrementVisible() call invalidates the object cache culling data, forcing the viewer to recompute the culling of all objects.

2020-05-24 18:25:03
Profile WWW

Henri Beauchamp wrote:
If you can compile the viewer yourself, try this simple modification, around line 2443 of linden/indra/newview/llviewermenu.cpp, add "LLDrawable::incrementVisible();" to read:
I'll start a build now. I compile each release (mostly for 'fun'). :)

2020-05-24 19:08:13

ZaneZimer wrote:
I'll start a build now.
I added the suggestion and rebuilt/installed but it doesn't seem to change the behavior that I'm seeing. I have also discovered that I don't need to edit anything. I only need go into Edit Appearance and then exit for the behavior to occur on my next TP. The texture console has also been clear, with the occasional texture being loaded while I'm standing in the destination region. Refresh visibility of objects does not have any effect. Continuing to test.

2020-05-24 19:41:42

More corroboration that it is likely NOT BOM related. I detached all mesh items from myself. I do have a sculptie and a flexie on though. Otherwise just system layers (tattoo, pants, shirt, etc). I TP'd back and forth between the same locations BEFORE opening Edit Appearance and things rez as expected. I have even disabled Cool VL Viewers' 'speed rez' and the Clear stale and Delay pending texture/mesh fetchs on TP. Those settings do no appear to have any effect.

Edit: I can also repro with either my self-built version or the official build from Henri.

2020-05-24 20:03:47

This is definitely an occlusion issue, that I could indeed reproduce (though, it does not happen every time for me).

The correlation with the appearance editing is rather mysterious, but you can fix the issue when it happens by toggling "Advanced" -> "Caches" -> "Use object cache occlusion" off and then back on once objects have reappeared...

I'll see if I can find the bug, or will implement a workaround for next release.

2020-05-24 23:16:52
Profile WWW

Henri Beauchamp wrote:
The correlation with the appearance editing is rather mysterious, but you can fix the issue when it happens by toggling "Advanced" -> "Caches" -> "Use object cache occlusion" off and then back on once objects have reappeared...
I can report that toggling that does cause objects render for me too. At least I won't be bumping into stuff this way. I don't really edit my appearance that much until recently when I was trying out different colors on some items.

I wonder if my particular graphics settings are contributing to the ease with which I can produced it. I'm running at slightly elevated settings with deferred rendering on, sun/moon shadows and depth of field. I'll do some testing at various settings levels to see if I notice a difference.

2020-05-25 01:07:23
Reply to topic   [ 30 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next