Cool VL Viewer forum

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 2024-04-20 05:04:21

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
EEP and invisiprim setting 

Hello Henri et al.,

not sure if this is of relevance considering the current state of EEP, but having invisiprim rendering disabled will mess with avatar rendering when EEP is enabled -- avatars will end up being rendered fullbright and slightly translucent against the sky in that combination.

If anyone runs into that issue, you know what to look for now. (Only took me a couple of hours to figure out. :lol: )

Regards,
Lia

2020-09-12 07:54:35

Hi Amalia. I can confirm the issue. I never noticed that problem before since one of the reasons I prefer to use Cool VL Viewer is because it maintains invisiprims. Many good sailboats were made with invisiprims in the hull to keep Linden water from showing inside the boat.

2020-09-12 11:20:24

In fact, I did not notice it when backporting the EE renderer code, but "invisiprim" deferred rendering is now enabled again in LL's viewer (it got disabled at some point in their WL viewer, thus why I introduced this setting to re-enable it by default and yet let the user the choice to disable it when needed; IIRC, there was an issue in WL deferred mode with some rigged mesh alpha settings).

For next release, I made this setting inoperative when in EE rendering mode (i.e. invisprim deferred rendering is always on in EE mode, like in LL's viewer, regardless of this setting).

2020-09-18 09:26:19
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]