Cool VL Viewer forum

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 2024-04-25 01:37:36

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
Problem with CEF in MacOS 

Just wanted to let all know that the reason there hasn't been a MacOS release, is that there is a problem the newest CEF under MacOS.

Rather than going back to the old version, I'd prefer to get it working with the new. I just haven't been able to do so yet cause it takes time and I don't have a lot of free time lately.

I hope I will be able to set aside some time for it before the next release. I'm also still working on getting the binary hardened, so we can avoid the annoying warning during opening, but like I said, it all takes time, since nothing is quite straight forward with Apple ;-)

2020-09-27 13:18:02

In today's releases, I reverted the macOS package (listed in install.xml) to the old, working one.

Not sure how well LL's own macOS builds fare with the new CEF 81 build they use. Did you try their viewer at all (the GPU crashes you experience could well occur as well with LL's viewer) ?

2020-10-03 13:32:44
Profile WWW

I tried yesterday, but I couldn't see anything wrong or any missing libraries, but I suspect it would also have complained about that if it had happened.

It's very strange. The Second Life viewer works fine with CEF, at least the latest main viewer.

I was about to write you and suggest rolling it back for now.

2020-10-04 18:11:19
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]