Cool VL Viewer forum

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 2024-03-29 12:29:38

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
how to use SLurl? 

Hello, I am sorry in advance if this is an obvious question or if it has already been posted, but I could not find any information on it using the search feature.

How do I use SLurls? Every time I try to open them, it says that an instance of Cool VL Viewer is already open. So, I enabled "multiple viewer" function and that works, but every time I want to use a SLurl to teleport somewhere I have to log out of my current session and log back in, I can only use them to teleport with the log in function. Is there a way to open them in the game and teleport without logging out and logging back in? I am not using RestrainedLove. I am on the latest version of Cool VL viewer for Windows x64.

Thanks in advance :D

2020-11-13 22:36:55

Congratulations, you just found a bug !

The problem is that the viewer was registering its window class name (not title) as "Cool VL Viewer" but was trying to send SLURLs (when started as a second session just for the purpose of processing a SLURL) to a running program with "Second Life" as the window class name... So the viewer would currently succeed to send the SLURL to a running instance of an official viewer, for example, but not to another Cool VL Viewer instance.

I never noticed it, because, well, I don't use the viewer under Windows, and Linux is not affected (since it uses a different method with D-Bus for SLURLs passing)...

Fixed for next releases, where the viewer will now use "Second Life" for its window class name.

2020-11-13 23:53:16
Profile WWW

Thanks so much! I'm glad it just wasn't me being silly or overlooking a simple feature. I appreciate your response!

2020-11-14 22:08:13
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]