Cool VL Viewer forum

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 2024-03-29 12:13:59

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
Various minor bugs 

Hey,

Figured it was about time I came back with the list of minor bugs that I promised!

There's some things here which I think aren't necessarily viewer-related, so I'll put that in a separate list to the main list

- Inventory: Attachments that are in the Lost&Found folder are not detachable if already worn on the avatar.
- Appearance menu: Physics layer slider names all identical on each tab (which slider does what?)
- Error message: The following Media Plugin has failed: streaming_plugin (intermittently, usually on entering new sim after TP) - example LM of consistent fail: http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Isle%20of%20Moon/152/140/27

Probably non-viewer related:

- Viewer temporarily stops responding to scripted camera controls when connecting to (and loading) an adjacent region (but not entering it) (This is likely to be present in the Linden viewer too)
- System skirt layer not detachable from the inventory (but is detachable from the Appearance window) (This only happens about 50% of the time, which makes me think this is a problem with the inventory / asset server not responding, or something like that)

Attachments:
File comment: logs (although probably not needed?)
CoolVLViewer.zip [47.79 KiB]
Downloaded 72 times
2021-01-21 13:22:01

Jenna Huntsman wrote:
- Inventory: Attachments that are in the Lost&Found folder are not detachable if already worn on the avatar.
Well, they should never end up there, and you can still move the attachments back into a normal folder to detach them. You may also detach them from the pie menu (right click on attachment and "Detach"), or from the main menu ("Edit" -> "Detach objects"). But I added the attach/detach entries to Lost And Found items for next release...

Quote:
- Appearance menu: Physics layer slider names all identical on each tab (which slider does what?)
They do not bear the same names, but the names are too long to fit the spinner label field, and get truncated... I fixed that for next release.

Quote:
- Error message: The following Media Plugin has failed: streaming_plugin (intermittently, usually on entering new sim after TP) - example LM of consistent fail: http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Isle%20of%20Moon/152/140/27
Cannot reproduce here and not seeing any such warning in the log you provided, meaning I cannot diagnose the issue for sure. It is however probably a network issue in intermittent cases, and a gstreamer media type support issue (missing or incompatible CODEC in gstreamer: try a newer version) in the "always failing cases".

Quote:
- Viewer temporarily stops responding to scripted camera controls when connecting to (and loading) an adjacent region (but not entering it) (This is likely to be present in the Linden viewer too)
Please provide a matching log and precise repro steps.

Quote:
- System skirt layer not detachable from the inventory (but is detachable from the Appearance window) (This only happens about 50% of the time, which makes me think this is a problem with the inventory / asset server not responding, or something like that)
Your log shows several warnings indicating mismatches between the viewer and the server inventory:
Code:
2021-01-21T12:47:46Z WARNING: LLInventoryModel::accountForUpdate: No accounting for: 'Body Parts' version 24 due to mismatched descendents count: server count = 13 - viewer count = 16
2021-01-21T12:51:05Z WARNING: LLInventoryModel::accountForUpdate: No accounting for: 'Clothing' version 225 due to mismatched descendents count: server count = 53 - viewer count = 59
Clear the viewer inventory viewer cache (from "Advanced" -> "Caches"), and relog.
When encountering AISv3 errors (not seen in your log, but may happen when servers get glitchy or network hiccups), you may also try and disable AIS (using the corresponding toggle in "Advanced" -> "Network").

2021-01-21 14:08:57
Profile WWW

Henri Beauchamp wrote:
Quote:
Please provide a matching log and precise repro steps.

Will get back to you on this one.

Got one more thing to add to this list, only just ran across it!

- Camera: Pressing ESC does not reset the camera when in Fly Cam mode, regardless of whether the avatar is standing or sitting (Couldn't find anything in the settings menu which would enable or disable this)

2021-01-21 15:38:35

Jenna Huntsman wrote:
- Camera: Pressing ESC does not reset the camera when in Fly Cam mode, regardless of whether the avatar is standing or sitting (Couldn't find anything in the settings menu which would enable or disable this)
Not a bug but the expected behaviour.
To reset the camera view, always use SHIFT ESC (and yes, this was done on purpose, to avoid closing any focused open floater or the chat bar, when you only want to reset the camera). That shortcut is also visible in the "View" menu (associated with the "Reset view" item).

Please, see the Cool VL Viewer features shortcuts for differences with other viewers.

2021-01-21 16:23:56
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]