Cool VL Viewer forum

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 2024-04-19 04:42:28

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
CoolVLViewer-1.28.2.5 ~ Eternal "Not Responding" 

When logging in to the new version, CoolVLViewer-1.28.2.5, using Windows 10 (Sorry no logs, I'm ready to be ignored or castigated), the program goes into "Not Responding" status, as far as I can tell, permanently.

I upgraded and started the latest version, and when I tried log in, it stayed on "Not Responding" until I closed it. I even restarted and then tried to log in, let it keep trying, for about an hour, it never responded.

CoolVLViewer-1.28.2.4 works just fine on my computer.

I hope I'm the only one with this issue, and again, sorry for the no logs!

~Miss Pirette
(aka Pirate Russell)

2021-01-23 22:19:53

Pirate Russell wrote:
When logging in to the new version, CoolVLViewer-1.28.2.5, using Windows 10 (Sorry no logs, I'm ready to be ignored or castigated),
Why no log ?... Do you mean the viewer does not produce any log, or do you refuse to provide the said log ?

Not producing any log would mean the viewer cannot even initialize (which would be extremely surprising, but also a symptom in itself).

I you do not want to provide a log while the viewer produces one, then I'm afraid I cannot diagnose the issue... If you are worried about privacy or something, you may perfectly edit the log before posting it (e.g. replacing your OS login and/or avatar name and/or UUID with "xxx" in an editor), and/or can send me the log in an attachment to a PM.

Also, please, do provide a copy of the About floater system tab info (the one of the last working viewer version if the new version fails to display it), so that I can know what hardware (especially GPU) and drivers you are using...

Quote:
the program goes into "Not Responding" status, as far as I can tell, permanently.

I upgraded and started the latest version, and when I tried log in, it stayed on "Not Responding" until I closed it. I even restarted and then tried to log in, let it keep trying, for about an hour, it never responded.
So, it does seem to start (and thus produce a log) after all ?...

Quote:
CoolVLViewer-1.28.2.4 works just fine on my computer.

I hope I'm the only one with this issue, and again, sorry for the no logs!
With the little info you provided, I'm left clueless, and cannot diagnose (and even less fix) your issue...

2021-01-24 09:10:31
Profile WWW

I'm sorry, Henri! I don't know how to do the logs. However, v.1.28.2.6 is working fine. Just my bad luck

2021-01-31 02:28:10

Pirate Russell wrote:
I'm sorry, Henri! I don't know how to do the logs.
This is explained on the SL Wiki page that is linked from the Bug reporting forum rules... Nothing difficult, really.

Quote:
However, v.1.28.2.6 is working fine. Just my bad luck
It is likely the new RenderUseRGBA16ATI debug setting effect, then, meaning you are using a combination of AMD/ATI GPU + driver that do not support (and crash with) the RGBA16 mode (i.e. should you flip this debug setting to TRUE, you'd get the same problem with v1.28.2.6).

A proper bug report would have allowed me to spot this issue immediately and with 100% certainty, instead of poking in the dark and making wild guesses on what could possibly be wrong...

2021-01-31 10:11:17
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]