Cool VL Viewer forum

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 2024-03-29 10:00:56

Reply to topic  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Cannot log in to SL with latest Cool VL Viewer - time out 

ErikaThorkveld wrote:
Nope, no error when I log in with the official viewer. So it's only Cool VL Viewer that doesn't want to log me in. Bummer... I just don't know what I can try next now...
Try deleting (or renaming/moving) your settings per account for that avatar (~/.secondlife/your_avatar_name/settings_per_account_coolvlviewer.xml)... More radical, rename ~/.secondlife to ~/.secondlife-orig and launch the viewer to see it can log you in with totally blank settings/cache.

It could also be an inventory issue (the full inventory list is returned in the xmlrpc reply at login time)... You could ask live support for a check of your inventory.

2021-05-19 20:49:11
Profile WWW

Henri Beauchamp wrote:
Those old files are totally ignored by the viewer: their presence or absence won't make any difference.
I thought that was the way it was to work too, from your original change. I had a day a few weeks ago that I couldn't log in. I did various troubleshooting. I saw that file, so I removed it and could log in. I made an assumption, though perhaps something else was going on.
*edit: I seem to recall that the viewer had switched to log in to the beta grid and I couldn't get it to stay on the main one. I think when I removed the file, I could make it 'stick' on the main Second Life entry. Foggy, memory from some weekend days ago though, so probably not helpful.

2021-05-19 21:43:04

ZaneZimer wrote:
Henri Beauchamp wrote:
Those old files are totally ignored by the viewer: their presence or absence won't make any difference.
I thought that was the way it was to work too, from your original change. I had a day a few weeks ago that I couldn't log in. I did various troubleshooting. I saw that file, so I removed it and could log in. I made an assumption, though perhaps something else was going on.
*edit: I seem to recall that the viewer had switched to log in to the beta grid and I couldn't get it to stay on the main one. I think when I removed the file, I could make it 'stick' on the main Second Life entry. Foggy, memory from some weekend days ago though, so probably not helpful.
Placebo effect... If you are not convinced, try: grep -r "password.dat" linden/ :roll:

2021-05-19 22:08:53
Profile WWW

Henri Beauchamp wrote:
Try deleting (or renaming/moving) your settings per account for that avatar (~/.secondlife/your_avatar_name/settings_per_account_coolvlviewer.xml)... More radical, rename ~/.secondlife to ~/.secondlife-orig and launch the viewer to see it can log you in with totally blank settings/cache.

I tried both: no effect, still can't log in with my main av.
Henri Beauchamp wrote:
It could also be an inventory issue (the full inventory list is returned in the xmlrpc reply at login time)... You could ask live support for a check of your inventory.

OK, I'll try that. Thank you!

2021-05-20 05:48:36

I am more and more wondering if all your troubles are not due to HTTP/1.1 bugs in the new curl version (which, unlike me, you are obviously hitting in SL), which was adopted for Linux in v1.28.2.22; a large inventory could be affected by it on login and cause XML RPC errors. Try and disable pipelining before login (set the "HttpPipelining" debug variable to FALSE), and see if it solves the issue...

2021-05-21 07:45:51
Profile WWW

Nope, I did set HttpPipelining to FALSE and I'm getting the same time outs. I seem to get more often past the "logging in" step - which is definitely much longer than usual -, but I'm still getting an error in the "connecting to region" step. Might be placebo effect though...

But anyway, I kept a log for a session where I reached the "connecting to region" step, so here it is, just in case it brings something new.

And I couldn't get someone on live support, so I opened a ticket, but of course, they take their time to answer...

Attachments:
CoolVLViewer.zip [20.73 KiB]
Downloaded 74 times
2021-05-21 18:13:19

ErikaThorkveld wrote:
Nope, I did set HttpPipelining to FALSE and I'm getting the same time outs. I seem to get more often past the "logging in" step - which is definitely much longer than usual -, but I'm still getting an error in the "connecting to region" step. Might be placebo effect though...

But anyway, I kept a log for a session where I reached the "connecting to region" step, so here it is, just in case it brings something new.
Still issues with HTTP replies; did you try to recompile the viewer with the good old curl v7.47, like indicated here ?... Anyway, tomorrow's release will revert curl to v7.47, because such issues (rainbow textures, etc) are unacceptable...

2021-05-21 18:41:35
Profile WWW

Henri Beauchamp wrote:
Still issues with HTTP replies; did you try to recompile the viewer with the good old curl v7.47, like indicated here ?...

Sorry, no, I didn't. I don't have a lot of time for SL lately.
Henri Beauchamp wrote:
Anyway, tomorrow's release will revert curl to v7.47, because such issues (rainbow textures, etc) are unacceptable...

Let's hope this will fix the issue. I'll install it as soon as it's out and I'll try it out.

2021-05-22 06:30:28

That was it: no problem logging in with the latest version. Gee, that was an annoying one... Thanks for the help! :)

2021-05-22 12:39:03

ErikaThorkveld wrote:
That was it: no problem logging in with the latest version. Gee, that was an annoying one... Thanks for the help! :)
Glad it works, but still clueless as to why it failed for you and with that particular avatar with curl v7.64.1/OpenSSL v1.1.k... :?

2021-05-22 13:43:02
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2