Cool VL Viewer forum

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 2024-04-27 15:32:29

Reply to topic  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
I can't rezz objects although I wear the right tag 

Henri Beauchamp wrote:
Thanks to the settings, I could reproduce the bug. It is triggered by the "Select only my objects" option; when active, it (wrongly) prevents dropping anything onto objects you do not own.

It is due to changes done to the picking algorithms to deal with reflection probe objects in the PBR viewer; the bug does not reproduce in LL's PBR viewer, but it is due to the fact v1 viewers do not do picking like v2+ ones do (asynchronous vs synchronous picking)...

I fixed the bug for next release. In the mean time, simply disable "Advanced" -> "Tools" -> "Select only my objects" with the experimental viewer branch.

thanks , Henri.
Interestingly tho it is, that I could rezz in some venues despite that same setting.. of course also on objects that I don#t own. These venues allow via the tag to make me rezz.. I still believe that there is more to it, as I was able to rezz my objects even without the tag.. .. that is all not very consistent... there must be a difference of the firstorm sandbox and the other venues.. where I could rezz on some objects and on some I couldn't (like all complete mesh ones..)

2023-10-20 11:34:13

DonFranko wrote:
I still believe that there is more to it, as I was able to rezz my objects even without the tag.. .. that is all not very consistent... there must be a difference of the firstorm sandbox and the other venues.. where I could rezz on some objects and on some I couldn't (like all complete mesh ones..)
No, this got strictly nothing to do with the group tag. This is just that if you cannot select an object (with all criteria met for "Select only my objects", which also encompass objects not owned by you but you got modify rights for), then you cannot drop an object (rez it) onto it.

Anyway, this is fixed. I even reverted the bogus code by LL and made my own, much simpler code (with the same trick as for the new "Ignore click" object touch-action feature) to deal with reflection probes selection/picking. So the next v1.31.0 release will behave in the exact same way as v1.30.2, excepted for reflection probe objects (fully ignored but when the build floater is shown), and only them !

2023-10-20 12:31:48
Profile WWW

Henri Beauchamp wrote:
DonFranko wrote:
I still believe that there is more to it, as I was able to rezz my objects even without the tag.. .. that is all not very consistent... there must be a difference of the firstorm sandbox and the other venues.. where I could rezz on some objects and on some I couldn't (like all complete mesh ones..)
No, this got strictly nothing to do with the group tag. This is just that if you cannot select an object (with all criteria met for "Select only my objects", which also encompass objects not owned by you but you got modify rights for), then you cannot drop an object (rez it) onto it.

Anyway, this is fixed. I even reverted the bogus code by LL and made my own, much simpler code (with the same trick as for the new "Ignore click" object touch-action feature) to deal with reflection probes selection/picking. So the next v1.31.0 release will behave in the exact same way as v1.30.2, excepted for reflection probe objects (fully ignored but when the build floater is shown), and only them !

That sounds wonderful!
Merci beaucoup!!

2023-10-20 19:06:41
Reply to topic   [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3