Cool VL Viewer forum

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 2024-04-27 15:11:45

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
asset transferes between AV's not showing in inventory 

Hi Henri,

I am noticing an issue with asset transfers. Essentially, when someone gives me an asset directly, I accept it and they get an 'accepted' message from the server, and everything seems normal. However, the asset is not visible in my inventory until I re-log. So the asset was transferred on the server and not lost, but my inventory was not updated.

This seemed to be a weird intermittent issue previously, but has been happening consistently today while i was helping some friends with body shapes.

I am seeing this on version "Cool VL Viewer v1.30.2.38, Nov 25 2023 10:25:11", windows build.

Any thoughts on the cause?

Thanks,
~Lycia

2023-11-26 02:23:27

Yes, I just noticed this myself yesterday...

The issue is related with the new AISv3 inventory fetch feature. I already have a workaround for it, but will try to find the root cause and fix it instead.

The good news is that, in the mean time, you do not need to relog when such a thing happens: simply temporarily (or permanently, if you do not care about inventory thumbnails) disable the "Network" -> "Use AISv3 for inventory fetches" option (this will also instantly make any missing items appear in your inventory).

EDIT: here is the patch for the workaround, for people building the viewer themselves from sources:
Attachment:
failed_offered_items_fetches-patch.txt [2.01 KiB]
Downloaded 64 times

2023-11-26 10:01:09
Profile WWW

Cool! The thumbnails are an interesting feature, but i have not really started using it yet, so I will probably disable it until you publish the patch, or if i am feeling ambitious and do a fresh build on my Linux system :).

I have a question on the thumbnail feature though. Does it only download the thumbnails on demand, or does it try to cache them all locally? Seems like terrible overhead if it caches them all locally, but i try to never underestimate LL design weirdness.

~Lycia

2023-11-27 00:28:53

Lycia_Undercroft wrote:
Does it only download the thumbnails on demand, or does it try to cache them all locally?
On demand only, and once the view closed, they are subject to discarding, just like other textures.

2023-11-27 00:54:46
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]