Cool VL Viewer forum

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 2024-04-27 16:44:32

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
HUD attachments are still clickable when hidden 

There is a bug that causes HUD attachments to still be clickable when hidden, block interaction with objects inworld, and also block certain camera actions. This applies to any HUD attachments; not just those that can be clicked on.

Steps to reproduce:

1) Attach an item to your HUD (preferably one that has a click action, as this makes the bug more obvious.)

2) Note the position of the HUD attachment, then toggle HUD visibility.

3) Click in the area where the HUD attachment is normally visible, or try to zoom in on that same area. You will notice that either the HUD attachment responds, or you are unable to zoom in.

This was observed on version 1.32.0.

2023-12-06 04:17:13

It always has been how "Show HUD attachments" has worked in the Cool VL Viewer (I just tested super-old releases to confirm this)... :shock:

Un-ticking this menu entry only hides (skips) the HUDs in the renderer, but you indeed still can touch the area where they are attached (no check is done in the touch code for HUD visibility).

Now, I will admit it is a strange "feature" (even if not technically a bug in the code), and you can tell I never disabled HUDs visibility in the past 16+ years I have been developing my viewer ! :lol:

Fixed (or rather implemented) for next release.

2023-12-06 09:00:08
Profile WWW

Henri Beauchamp wrote:
It always has been how "Show HUD attachments" has worked in the Cool VL Viewer (I just tested super-old releases to confirm this)... :shock:

Un-ticking this menu entry only hides (skips) the HUDs in the renderer, but you indeed still can touch the area where they are attached (no check is done in the touch code for HUD visibility).

Now, I will admit it is a strange "feature" (even if not technically a bug in the code), and you can tell I never disabled HUDs visibility in the past 16+ years I have been developing my viewer ! :lol:

Fixed (or rather implemented) for next release.

Wow, thanks for the quick response! I'm new to this viewer, and this was the only thing keeping me from using it. Creators seem to love to make HUDs that take up 1/8 of your screen nowadays, so this will be very useful for us future PBR refugees.

2023-12-06 17:22:57
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]