Cool VL Viewer forum

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 2024-03-28 13:49:36

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
Unable to Move sometimes (Latest and recent ver. of Cool) 

I've got a strange problem. I'm using the latest version of Cool Viewer 1.22.11.0 R8.

Sometimes, I am unable to move my avatar. It just won't let me. So I have to go to Preferences and uncheck/check the box "Close chat box after enter" and it fixes the problem.

This only happens using the Cool SL Viewer. I have never had it happen in the LL one.

I've experienced this on Windows XP 32 bit and Windows 7 64 bit.

Any help would greatly be appreciated!

2009-05-20 06:30:00

I never saw this happening under Linux, and I really don't see what patch could result in such a bug since none of them touch the keyboard input routines... My guess is that this is a bug in your keyboard driver (and that, should you use the official viewer again for long enough a period of time, you would get the same problem with it).

2009-05-20 07:11:13
Profile WWW

Oh... This might also be a difference between the configuration (settings.xml file) used for your installation of the official viewer and the one used for the installation of the Cool SL Viewer: verify the "Arrow keys always move avatar when chatting" ("Text Chat" tab of the Preferences floater): it might be checked for your installation of the official viewer and not for the one of the Cool SL Viewer, thus the difference.

When "Arrow keys always move avatar when chatting" is checked, the arrow keys always move your avatar, regardless whether or not there is some text typed in the chat input or IM input lines: the drawback is that you cannot move the cursor with the arrow keys in the chat input or IM input lines, making it harder to correct the typos (you have to click with the mouse in the input line right where the typo is).

When this setting is disabled, the arrow keys move your avatar as long as there is no text typed in the chat input or IM input lines (and sometimes, accidentally typing a space may make you wonder why, all of a sudden, your avatar stops moving with the arrow keys): the advantage of letting this setting unchecked is that you can always move the cursor with the arrow keys in the chat input or IM input lines, and that when the chat and IMs are not used (input lines empty) you can move your avatar instead.

Note also that either enabled or disabled, this setting does not affect the "Movement Controls" floater/tool (enable it from the "View" menu) with which you can always move your avatar.

2009-05-20 09:17:44
Profile WWW

I have the same problem, using Windows version as well.

Hitting esc a couple of times sometimes fixes it.

2009-05-20 14:33:07

Kessalta wrote:
I have the same problem, using Windows version as well.

Hitting esc a couple of times sometimes fixes it.

Which confirms it is just a spurious space accidentally typed in one of the input lines (chat or IMs): hitting ESC closes them and then the control returns to the avatar moves.

This is not a bug...

2009-05-20 17:17:21
Profile WWW

It sometimes happens even if history/ chat window and IM windows are inactive, minimized or removed from the UI with ctrl + h/ ctrl + t, though... ?

2009-05-20 18:23:17

Kessalta wrote:
It sometimes happens even if history/ chat window and IM windows are inactive, minimized or removed from the UI with ctrl + h/ ctrl + t, though... ?
If the chat input line in the toolbar is active, yes...

2009-05-20 20:28:00
Profile WWW

I'll try to use Escape and see if it fixes the problem. Thanks for the replies! I'll post back if something doesn't work. :D

2009-05-21 01:55:52
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]