Cool VL Viewer forum

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 2024-04-16 05:01:23

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
Frequently getting ghosted 

I am a bit unsure on how to file these things and which things you will need, so please have a bit of patience with me :)

Being ghosted is a pretty new experience for me - started after I switched to CV/ RLV. I keep getting the 'Login failed. The system is logging you out right now. Your Account will not be available until (insert point in time that's always three or more minutes later)' message. I've tried detaching my HUDs and whatnot (except my collar) but it seems to make no nevermind. I have the RLV activated.

I was uncertain whether I should have put this in the this thread, as this often happens when I have trouble TPing in general and can't TP home at all in particular, but as that OP didn't mention ghosting I figured I'd better make another thread.

Cool Viewer 1.22.11 (0) May 6 2009 19:29:15 (Cool SL Viewer)
RestrainedLife viewer v1.17 (CV 1.22.11.0)
Release Notes

CPU: Intel Pentium III/Pentium III Xeon (0.25 micron process) with external L2 cache (2669 MHz)
Memory: 2047 MB
OS Version: Microsoft Windows Vista Service Pack 1 (Build 6001)
Graphics Card Vendor: NVIDIA Corporation
Graphics Card: GeForce 9600 GT/PCI/SSE2
OpenGL Version: 3.0.0

libcurl Version: libcurl/7.16.4 OpenSSL/0.9.7c zlib/1.2.3
J2C Decoder Version: KDU
Audio Driver Version: FMOD version 3.750000
LLMozLib Version: [LLMediaImplLLMozLib] - 2.01.24040 (Mozilla GRE version 1.8.1.13_0000000000)

Attachments:
File comment: Not sure what you will need, but these are the log files I could find in the \AppData\Roaming\CoolViewer\logs folder
stats.log [1.43 KiB]
Downloaded 186 times
debug_info.log [12.12 KiB]
Downloaded 178 times
CoolViewer.log [60.55 KiB]
Downloaded 189 times
2009-05-20 15:13:01

This is not a viewer issue (and this will happen and always happened with any viewer and any version): this is just the sim server and the assets servers being laggy and taking time to inform each others that you logged off, save the state of your attachments to the assets server (the more scripts, the longer it will take), and doing other signaling to various servers on the grid (such as the login server).

Observe closely when someone logs off in world: you will see the "swirling particle" around their avatar (marking the very moment when they log off) and, if they are your friend, you will get the "XXXX is offline" blue info window in the bottom right corner of your viewer, but their avatar will stay as a "ghost", in-world, for sometimes up to 3 minutes or so (trying to bump in their avatar, you will pass through it). During this period of time, they cannot log back on and get either the "system is logging you out right now" or "account will be available again at XX:XX" message boxes should they try to log in.

In any case, there is nothing that can be done at the viewer level...

2009-05-20 17:13:53
Profile WWW

Oh, I see :/

Just a fluke coincidence it started after I switched viewer then :(

Thank you for your quick reply :)

2009-05-20 18:20:20
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]