Cool VL Viewer forum

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 2024-04-16 10:19:02

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
Help with Avatar Rendering 

CPU: Intel Core 2 Series Processor (2400 MHz)
Memory: 3054 MB
OS Version: Microsoft Windows Vista (Build 6000)
Graphics Card Vendor: NVIDIA Corporation
Graphics Card: GeForce 8500 GT/PCI/SSE2
OpenGL Version: 3.0.0

libcurl Version: libcurl/7.16.4 OpenSSL/0.9.7c zlib/1.2.3
J2C Decoder Version: OpenJPEG: 1.2.0, Runtime: 1.2.0
Audio Driver Version: FMOD version 3.750000
LLMozLib Version: [LLMediaImplLLMozLib] - 2.01.24159 (Mozilla GRE version 1.8.1.13_0000000000)
Packets Lost: 2087/93543 (2.2%)

This is my first time posting so I am in hopes that I am doing this correctly :) Above is my information and this is the problem.
I am using the cool viewer and I love it! It gives the best performance of any of the SL Viewers that I have tried and I have tried the all just about and have had tons of trouble.
With this everything is working fine except for when I try and change clothes on my avatar! When doing so it all goes well until the pant layer and the whether shorts or no it looks as if I have on long pants but they are flesh toned! Help!!! I am not technological in a lot of this so I hope you can tell me how to fix this problem. Going into apperance sometimes helps but sometimes not! I have no idea what to do!!!!!
Thanks!!!

2009-05-25 14:01:19

Hi Elizabeta, what graphics driver are you using? Sounds like an old bug.

Also you may want to copy the files mentioned in the README_IMPORTANT!!!.txt from an official viewer into your CV directory for even better performance, especially the llkdu.dll library (the others are only needed if you want to use voice).

2009-05-25 14:51:04
Profile YIM WWW

Hi Boy
Thank you for your quick response!!!
I have the latest drivers for my graphics card according to Nvidia.
It is the- Nvidia GeForce 8500 GT 185.85

And like i said i am really not technological and am afraid to do a whole lot of file moving in case i make the problem worse :)...but I have the READ_ME TXT and have tried to find the files in my Second Life official viewer and can not seem to find the ones that are called to be copied..can you help me with this?
I really love the viewer it is so much faster than the offical!
thanks for you help!!!

Second Life 1.22.11 (113941) Mar 6 2009 12:50:02 (Second Life Release),,,this is the version that is now on my computer.

2009-05-28 14:02:02

Hmmm....do you by any chance use a none english Windows? Your SL viewer version is correct and the files should be automatically copied from the SL into the CV folder. Somehow this did not happen.

Simply look in the readme and copy the files from the c:\program files\secondlife into the c:\progam files\coolviewer directory. (replace "program files" with your local name if it's not english)

This still does not explain the issues with your clothes.

2009-05-28 16:24:04
Profile YIM WWW

Hi again!

My Windows is english and I looked and all the files were there except i could not find the Kakadu JPEG2000 library,or the ones that said Voice components in the Second life viewer ..the others had been copied into to Cool Viewer file. I hope we can figure this one out! :) LOL
Maybe it is a problem with the SL viewer because that one will not run correctly for me either..it runs very choppy and is impossible to navigate as it is like flipping pages in a book for movement.....

thanks again for your help in this matter!

2009-05-29 13:59:19

Not exactly a good sign. Both should not overlap. Looks rather like you have a general problem with your Windows itself.

I'd suggest to uninstall both, SL and CV and any other viewer you may have installed in the past altogether. Then clean the Application Data folder. That you can find here:
WinXP: C:\Documents and Settings\<you>\Application Data\CoolViewer\
Vista: C:\Users\<you>\Appdata\Roaming\CoolViewer\
(replace CoolViewer with SecondLife to clean the remains of the official viewer)
If you have chat and IM logs you want to make a backup first, they are in the same location in a folder with your AV name.

Then run some registry cleaner like http://www.ccleaner.com or similar, but that's optional. Reboot. After this install the official 1.22 viewer again and make sure this runs fine. Then install CV. This goes into it's own file structure and should copy the required non-redistributable files automatically from your official SL viewer. Start it with the CV icon on your desktop...and hopefully this works :)

2009-05-29 17:45:57
Profile YIM WWW
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]