Cool VL Viewer forum

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 2024-04-19 13:26:14

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
"Unknown User" appearing in OpenSim when uploading animaiton 

Hallo Henri.

I noticed this yesterday at a friend's local opensim server and today I reproduced it in mine.

- Start your server, log in with Cool VL Viewer.
- Upload a local bvh file as animation.
- During the preview window, your radar should show an avatar by the name of Uknown User logging on the sim, at coordinates (0,0,0).
- If you actually go to (0,0,0) to see it, you'll find it's a cloud with a name tag.
- Close the animation upload preview window (either by uploading or by cancelling), and Uknown User will log out.

The opensim console shows nothing. I've tried it under OpenSimulator 0.7.2 and 0.7.3, using Cool VL Viewer 1.26.4.5. My friend, using Imprudence, couldn't even see it. I haven't checked it in other grids; if you want, I can do that.

Logs attached.

Thanks.

Attachments:
debug_info.log [10.58 KiB]
Downloaded 184 times
SecondLife.log [54.66 KiB]
Downloaded 190 times
2012-03-25 15:42:48

It's in fact the "dummy" avatar that is created for testing the animation onto... It's totally harmless (and only visible in the viewer of the uploader).

But I changed the code so that:
  • That dummy avatar is no more created when testing animations on your own avatar (it was uselessly created in this case).
  • Dummy avatars are no more listed by LLWorld::getAvatars() (they also are in the official viewers, so they'd probably appear in the mini-map and as clouds in them).
  • The Radar relies fully on LLWorld::getAvatars() instead of also trying to extract data from LLCharacter (which LLWorld::getAvatars() already does anyway) and catching the dummy avatar in the process...

2012-03-25 17:11:34
Profile WWW

Mille merci!

2012-03-25 19:58:45
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]