Cool VL Viewer forum

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 2024-04-20 00:17:38

Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Edit Appearance moving up and down 

hi,

since i updated the new version of CoolVLViewer-1.26.4.21 from today the avatar are moving up and down by edit appearance.
With and without the new option (disable the "spread eagle" animation) the same effect.

my system:
Quote:
CPU: AMD Phenom(tm) II X4 965 Processor (3400.07 MHz)
Memory: 8192 MB
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 64-bit Service Pack 1 (Build 7601)
Graphics Card Vendor: NVIDIA Corporation
Graphics Card: GeForce GTX 560 Ti/PCIe/SSE2
Windows Graphics Driver Version: 9.18.0013.0479
OpenGL Version: 4.2.0

Logfile attached.

sincerely yours
Dae

Attachments:
SecondLife.zip [16.37 KiB]
Downloaded 162 times
2012-07-08 15:08:07

Daemonika Nightfire wrote:
Logfile attached.
This is not the log file, this is an old (4 june 2012) crash dump... The log file is called "Secondlife.log"

Please, also provide more details (I cannot reproduce this issue here): what is your avatar wearing when it happens ?... Does it happens if it wears something else ?...

2012-07-08 15:21:52
Profile WWW

when i go into edit appearance, the avatar move down into the ground for ~25cm and up again ever and ever.
by the way, the camera move to left (like old viewer 2) by open the edit appearance, why? i do not like that.

I wear the same attachments like befor.

which datei are you want from me?
i have only this in C:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\SecondLife\logs
debug_info.txt
SecondLife.dmp
SecondLife.exec_marker
SecondLife.txt
SecondLife.old
SecondLifePlus.dmp
stats.txt

sincerely yours
Dae

2012-07-08 15:34:27

when i go into edit appearance, the avatar move down into the ground for ~25cm and up again ever and ever.
I wear the same attachments like befor.
This is not of any help... I asked you what your avatar was wearing (is it wearing rigged meshes, for example), what kind of clothes (layers) ? I also asked whether changing the outfit would change something or not.

Quote:
by the way, the camera move to left (like old viewer 2) by open the edit appearance, why? i do not like that.
Simply disable the "Automatic Appearance camera movement" in the "Input & Camera" tab of the "Preferences" floater.

Quote:
which datei are you want from me?
i have only this in C:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\SecondLife\logs
debug_info.txt
SecondLife.dmp
SecondLife.exec_marker
SecondLife.txt
SecondLife.old
SecondLifePlus.dmp
stats.txt

sincerely yours
Dae
It's "SecondLife.log": if you can't find it in this directory, you are not looking in the right folder...

2012-07-08 15:48:18
Profile WWW

i found it.
The avatar moving only up and down until the inventory is fetching.
By 85k Items it will be long time. :oops:

Some minutes ago i cleared my cache again and try the edit apparance. Same as befor, until inventory fetch the avatar Move down, if you stay on a sky platt you will falling down.

sincerely yours
Dae

2012-07-08 15:52:32

Henri Beauchamp wrote:
This is not of any help... I asked you what your avatar was wearing (is it wearing rigged meshes, for example), what kind of clothes (layers) ? I also asked whether changing the outfit would change something or not.

i never wear rigged mesh

Henri Beauchamp wrote:
Simply disable the "Automatic Appearance camera movement" in the "Input & Camera" tab of the "Preferences" floater.

its ever off, because i hate it.

Henri Beauchamp wrote:
It's "SecondLife.log": if you can't find it in this directory, you are not looking in the right folder...

Nowhere on my PC any file like this, i tried the Search on all HDDs.

sincerely yours
Dae

2012-07-08 15:56:23

Henri Beauchamp wrote:

i never wear rigged mesh
Man... It's really hard to get any answer from you, isn't it ?... For the third time, please, pretty please... Tell me what your avatar is wearing exactly and whether the problem still shows if you change the outfit.

Quote:
Henri Beauchamp wrote:

its ever off, because i hate it.
If you are referring to the fact the camera moves to keep your avatar from being hidden behind the floater, this is perfectly normal and has always been the case in all v1 (and even v2) viewers... It's not a bug and I don't plan to change that.

Quote:
Henri Beauchamp wrote:

Nowhere on my PC any file like this, i tried the Search on all HDDs.
Then the viewer doesn't have write permission to the logs folder !... I'm afraid it's something very wrong going on on your system...

2012-07-08 16:07:52
Profile WWW

I am wear simple Layer outfits with some flexy and Sculptie Attachments.
The moving effect are by open the eadit appearance floater without changeing any outfit.

The Camera movement are off but when i open the edit appearance floater the complete HUD move a step to the left side, so that the Avatara are not longer in the Center.

I am using the Dark Viewer Skin and now i see in the Inventory Floater not longer shown how many Items are there. :(

On my PC the Viewer has all rights and run as Administrator.

i hope that help.

sincerely yours
Dae

2012-07-08 16:18:34

FWIW I have seen the same effect with previous versions. Avatar slowly moves up/down during Edit Appearance. This happened with different clothes. It did look like the avatar was somehow being forced into the ground maybe due to the animation and then the server's physics would push it back up. That's just a guess though.

I didn't report it because it was no biggie for me. Just a minor inconvenience. I will try again tomorrow after downloading 1.26.4.21 and let you know what happens. I was just about to go to bed when I found this thread. :)

2012-07-08 21:11:07

I couldn't reproduce this now with 1.26.4.21. I tried both standing on terrain and on prim "ground". I'll keep alerted on this and if I see it happening again will post a logfile.

2012-07-09 10:51:54
Reply to topic   [ 15 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next