Cool VL Viewer forum

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 2024-03-28 11:05:58

Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Crash on export object/s recent Linux releases 

This sounds just like another dreaded thread :D

Just sayin'...
Try compiling the viewer against your distro's version of LibPNG as LibPNG 1.2 and 1.5 is NOT 100% compatible.
That, a few more small tweaks and using the non-blocking file picker solves all similar (file-picker-related) issues on my by-developing-standards-super-old system (it's Debian).

And yes Henri, it is likely a problem with more than one distro now, and if it's a working workaround what's bad with trying it?
(Not all of us can pull down single updated libraries without running into dependency issues that can not be solved until next distro update. Updates have a tendency to escalate somehow...)

2013-01-29 18:00:33

Well, I seem to have enhanced your workaround, Henri. Instead of a pcre.so.0 and pcre.so.3, I put libpcre.so.0.0.1 and libpcrecpp.so.0.0.0 in the viewer's lib/ directory along with their respective symbolic links libpcre.so.0, libpcre.so, libpcrecpp.so and libpcrecpp.so.0, built from a regular (ie not LL's) 32-bit pcre 7.6. Also kept the libpng 1.5.1 I have mentioned before. So far it works. (Idea taken by Kokua's 64bit edition.)

Jessica, I will try that at some point, but I am no programmer, so I fear that building the viewer against current libraries (I use Arch Linux, which is a rolling, always up to date release) will need tweaking beyond my very limited skills.

2013-03-17 16:01:41
Reply to topic   [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4