Cool VL Viewer forum

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 2024-03-28 08:54:25

Reply to topic  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
Edited object jumping at 0,0,0 when rotated 

ErikaThorkveld wrote:
Urgh… Bug is back: I wasn't sure so far, but this time, I did see it. Using version 1.26.12(9) on the Mac, and I had again an object jumping to coordinates 0,0,0 while I was rotating it using the red/green/blue circles. It was a posestand I was sitting on. It was after quite a long session though, so I fear the full log won't fit. Here is what I think is the meaningful part:
.../...
The lines around this in the log don't seem to be related, so I guess they won't bring anything. Tell me if I should get a larger extract of the log though.
Zip the full log and post it, please. I'll decide myself what is meaningful or not in it, if you don't mind...

There's however a novelty about this bug: if it exists in the Cool VL Viewer, it shall now exist too in LL's release viewer, because they adopted that code in it recently. I'll disable the "gimbal lock fix" code for the next releases of the Cool VL Viewer, but it'd be nice if you could reproduce the bug with LL's viewer (I know, running LL's viewer is not really appealing...) and open a JIRA for it, so that they (and especially the code author) can have a look at it and fix it.

2014-08-07 08:17:36
Profile WWW

Whirly Fizzle just IMed me in SL to confirm that this bug also happens in LL's viewer now. See STORM-2078.

In any case, it's been two releases that I (re-)disabled the faulty "Gimbal lock fix" in the Cool VL Viewer, so it won't affect it any more till LL fixes the issue.

2014-08-20 08:00:46
Profile WWW

The culprit code seems to have been fixed for good, this time. Next releases will have it, as well as the gimbal lock fix re-enabled again.

2014-08-21 07:43:18
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3