Cool VL Viewer forum

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 2024-03-28 15:03:50

Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Server-side baking support 

Mysanctumsanctorum wrote:
I have done countless reading and it appears to involve the Current Outfit folder in my inventory. It is a system file, but I see it as a sub file in the System Clothing file. Is there anyway that I can remove the current outfit file?
You can't with the current versions, but if you find a Cool VL Viewer version released prior to February (which is when SSB started getting implemented into it), you should (unless LL locked that server side) be able to move back the COF to the root of your inventory, where it should live, or even to delete it entirely (don't forget to empty the trash in that case, else you would end up with a COF in the trash); the COF would then be recreated automatically by any SSB-enabled viewer.

2013-08-28 21:55:35
Profile WWW

Great call Henri.... The best viewer and now support I guess. This worked like a charm, I actually tried this before, but I just did not go far enough back in the viewer Version.

Anyway, the first thing I did was uninstall all viewers and than go through and find every folder and file involving second life than deleting those from the PC. I than installed Cool VL Viewer 1.26.2.4 and logged in at a protected sim I was last on, than sat as my inventory loaded fully. I noticed the Current Outfit Folder within my Clothes Folder as before, as well as a Current Outfit Folder in its normal place. I wanted to delete both because I think it is just a dumb and useless folder, but I made a judgement call to leave the normal one since it is hidden in your new viewer anyway. So I right clicked on the COF in the clothes folder and yay, I get the delete option. I delete it,empty the trash, than clear cache and log off. I than uninstall the older viewer and install Cool VL Viewer 1.26.9.24... I log on and immediately sense success... No evil "Unable to load asset" message. I reload inventory and all is well.... This fix also seemed to fix the Z location issue I thought I would have to deal with later as well.

Just to add here, this is an SL bug, not a Cool VL Viewer bug, I have read this issue in many other forums but I believe using Henri's advice will fix the SL glitch for most players no matter the viewer. In addition, while trying to resolve this issue I have installed and used several other viewers and in my opinion The Cool VL Viewer is the fastest and most efficient that I have used. Interestingly enough back when I first started on SL, my old PC was below the suggested recommendations for being able to access and play SL well. The Cool VL Viewer (Cool SL Viewer than) was the only viewer that would actually load and let me access the SL Grid. I see this now as the viewer not having a lot of unnecessary coding or junk in it, seems to explain why it is quicker and less prone to issues to me at least.

Anyway... Kudos to you Henri and thanks for sharing your viewer with the rest of us. :D

2013-08-30 18:13:03
Reply to topic   [ 12 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2