Cool VL Viewer forum

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 2024-03-29 10:41:27

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
1.23 to become compulsory? 

Blondin Linden in his office hours on July 1st suggested that people will have to use 1.23 to access SL as of late August. The relevant exchange was:
Quote:
[16:16] Blondin Linden: [16:05] Innula Zenovka: Blondin, when do private regions have to flag as Adult, if that's what they need to do? Live Help were quoting DanielRavenNest's wiki article last time I asked them, saying the end of August... is that authorative? ANSWER: A lot of regions have already switched over but yes, I believe the end of AUgust is the rough timeline. Eventually, 1.23 will become a manditory DL for everyone to access SL. Once that happens, private regions should have their maturity level flagged

[16:32] Blondin Linden: [16:16] Innula Zenovka: ah..any idea when it will become mandatory, Blondin? ANSWER: Um, i'm not sure on the exact date but end of August. 60 days after 1.23 was released would be my best best http://www.slapt.me/wiki/index.php/Office_Hour_transcript_-_Blondin_Linden:_07-1-2009

Will it be possible, do you think, to adapt the old 1.19.0.5 viewer to accommodate this? Having the 1.19.0.5 available was a huge convenience last time my PC broke and I was using an older back-up machine till the more up-to-date one got fixed.

2009-07-02 23:34:49

The backport of ratings-related stuff to v1.19 should not be too hard. So it is probable (but not guaranteed, depending on what LL will actually do or change) that v1.19 will survive the adult segregation...

2009-07-03 07:50:39
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]