Cool VL Viewer forum

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 2024-04-19 21:34:03

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
Target Omega 

Just curious, what exactly is the fix for Target Omega in today's release supposed to fix? I didn't notice any difference. And yes, after searching the forum I tried changing the UseNewTargetOmegaCode debug-setting and restarted the viewer after changing that setting. And I also tried with deferred-rendering either enabled and disabled, just to make sure.

I ask because some time ago I noticed something weird with rotating objects. When you Alt-click them to point the camera directly at them, their movement seems to stutter. It looks as if their rotation suddenly seems to work on a much lower framerate than everything else. Hard to describe this effect in words. But quite noticeable when the graphics run at 60+ fps and the rotating prim looks as if it is rotating at 5-10 fps.

This doesn't happen with all rotating objects though. But all single-prim objects seem to exhibit that behavior. I guess for linked objects it may depend on which prim you click on. Root-prim or any other...

This is only a very minor issue. I just got curious when I read today's release notes.

2014-09-20 17:44:13

The relevant commit is here, and its title is: "MAINT-3511 FIXED When one surface of mesh object is set transparent all object is invisible : compare rotation quaternions with predefined epsilon", meaning you'd only see the difference with the previous code on very specific (and very rare) occasion... The fix for the new target omega code was already in last week's releases, but I extended it this week to the old code (which is still the default, because it's just better).

2014-09-20 21:51:50
Profile WWW

Thanks Henri !

2014-09-21 06:56:31
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]