Cool VL Viewer forum

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 2024-04-20 11:43:14

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
Property Lines mini map / upload save pictures to the HD 

Hello :-)
Two things I still miss in this Viewer so I allow me to ask for they.

1. Property Lines in the mini map,
still I need they while I have a talent to try to cross sims at the cross of four sims during Sport Events.
This has often the bad effect that I crash-)

2. I would like to upload textures (save as *.tga), while I can edit they then in PS for to painting things in SL.

hugs

sunnysin Clary

Cool VL Viewer 1.26.14 (8) Oct 3 2015 10:06:39 (Cool VL Viewer)
Release Notes

You are at 291509.2, 269707.0, 20.7 in Blake Sea - Pacific located at sim20031.agni.lindenlab.com (216.82.53.169:13016)
Second Life Server 15.09.25.305449
Release Notes

CPU: AMD FX(tm)-4130 Quad-Core Processor (3817.13 MHz)
Memory: 16367 MB
OS version: Microsoft Windows 8 64-bit (Build 9200) compatibility mode. Real version: 10.0 (Build 10011)
Memory manager: OS native
Graphics card vendor: NVIDIA Corporation
Graphics card: GeForce GTX 650/PCIe/SSE2
Windows graphics driver version: 10.18.0013.5582
OpenGL version: 4.5.0 NVIDIA 355.82

J2C decoder: KDU
Audio driver: FMOD Ex 4.44.57
Networking backend: libcurl/7.38.0 OpenSSL/1.0.1h zlib/1.2.8
Embedded browser: Qt Webkit v4.7.1 (version number hard-coded)
Packets lost: 19/64531 (0.0%)

Built with MSVC version 1600

2015-10-13 16:27:38

sunnysin Clary wrote:

I hardly ever use the mini-map myself, so I'll put that on the ToDo list, but don't hold your breath on it: it might take time before it would get implemented, if at all.

Quote:
still I need they while I have a talent to try to cross sims at the cross of four sims during Sport Events.
You should not crash ! If it's an actual crash (and not just a disconnection), then please post a proper bug report in the bug reporting forum, together with the corresponding log and crash dump.

Quote:
2. I would like to upload textures (save as *.tga), while I can edit they then in PS for to painting things in SL.
I don't quite understand what you mean, there... You can already upload TGA (and PNG, JPG, BMP) images !... As for building and testing images before uploading them, the viewer also supports local textures (in the texture picker, check the "Local" radio button, then use "Add" to browse to textures you want to try locally before uploading them later, once modified to your likings.

2015-10-13 21:50:59
Profile WWW

Henri Beauchamp wrote:
sunnysin Clary wrote:

I hardly ever use the mini-map myself, so I'll put that on the ToDo list, but don't hold your breath on it: it might take time before it would get implemented, if at all.
:o I look Forward for it-)
Quote:
You should not crash ! If it's an actual crash (and not just a disconnection), then please post a proper bug report in the bug reporting forum, together with the corresponding log and crash dump.

I mean it s mostly to much to calculate for four sims when I sail/cross with a boat over four sim borders.
So the Property Lines in a ini map would help me for sure to see it, before it s to late.

Sure if I mean there is a bug I will post it for sure.
Quote:
I don't quite understand what you mean, there... You can already upload TGA (and PNG, JPG, BMP) images !... As for building and testing images before uploading them, the viewer also supports local textures (in the texture picker, check the "Local" radio button, then use "Add" to browse to textures you want to try locally before uploading them later, once modified to your likings.

Still I have ask me about that too , how to upload from my Hard Disk temporary to a Object, thank you for to explain it :P

Yes have may not explain as well what I have mean:
I look for to have the Option to download Pictures from my Inventory to my Hard Disk.
These I would like to save as a png or tga, where I can edit these and upload they again back to my inv.

Have a good day

sunnysin Clary

2015-10-14 14:25:21

sunnysin Clary wrote:
I look for to have the Option to download Pictures from my Inventory to my Hard Disk.
Simply open the texture to get a preview of it, then go to the viewer File directory, and use "Save Texture as...". Of course, in SL, that feature is only available if you are the creator of the texture, as per LL's TPV Policy (in OpenSIM, the texture must be full perm or, when supported by the particular grid you are connected on, it must have the export permission set).

2015-10-14 14:40:39
Profile WWW

Henri Beauchamp wrote:
sunnysin Clary wrote:
Simply open the texture to get a preview of it, then go to the viewer File directory, and use "Save Texture as...". Of course, in SL, that feature is only available if you are the creator of the texture, as per LL's TPV Policy (in OpenSIM, the texture must be full perm or, when supported by the particular grid you are connected on, it must have the export permission set).

8-) that works

2015-10-14 14:54:02

I use the MiniMap as a compass when navigating vehicles in Second Life, and it is highly desirable to avoid crossing from one region to another "diagonally" at a corner. It is hard to avoid that when the region boundaries at the corner are completely obscured by big grey object indicators. I don't particularly need property-lines on the Mini Map, but what I would very much like is some way to turn off object display.

Firestorm has this feature, but if I wanted to use that klugey, crashy, creeping-horror viewer, I would already be doing so. :lol:

2015-10-24 01:07:31

Valid point. :lol:

2015-10-25 07:17:18
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]