Cool VL Viewer forum

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 2024-03-28 21:09:09

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
Calling Card issue when opened from inventory 

When I go into my inventory and select a calling card from the inventory, it does not show the right profile, More than half of the calling cards I opened from inventory show up as my profile and not the profile of the card I picked.

In the screenshot I clicked on Earl Topaz and my profile came up instead. This issue only occurs with this viewer, I tested this in firestorm and with the LL and both do not have this issue, I can't use either of those viewers due t my vision impairments, so would really like this issue fixed in the Cool viewer please.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I can't find the other logs, sorry, spent 3 days looking.

Cool VL Viewer 1.26.18 (17) Jul 30 2016 09:48:15 (Cool VL Viewer)
Release Notes

You are at 239846.0, 326264.3, 24.3 in Thane located at sim10427.agni.lindenlab.com (216.82.51.77:13018)
Second Life Server 16.08.01.318271
Release Notes

CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4500U CPU @ 1.80GHz (2394.46 MHz)
Memory: 8076 MB
OS version: Microsoft Windows 8.1 64-bit (Build 9600)
Memory manager: OS native
Graphics card vendor: NVIDIA Corporation
Graphics card: GeForce GT 745M/PCIe/SSE2
Windows graphics driver version: 10.18.0010.3355
OpenGL version: 4.5.0 NVIDIA 361.75

J2C decoder: OpenJPEG: 1.4.0.635d
Audio driver: FMOD Ex 4.44.61
Networking backend: libcurl/7.47.0 OpenSSL/1.0.1h zlib/1.2.8
Embedded browser: CEF3 plugin v1.5.3c-(CEF-WIN-3.2526.1347-32)
Packets lost: 21/120125 (0.0%)

Built with MSVC version 1800

Compile flags used for this build:
/O2 /Oi /MD /MP /DNDEBUG /D_SECURE_SCL=0 /D_HAS_ITERATOR_DEBUGGING=0 /DWIN32 /D_WINDOWS /W3 /GR /EHsc /Oy- /GS /fp:fast /TP /W2 /Zc:forScope /Zc:wchar_t- /c /nologo /DLL_WINDOWS=1 /DUNICODE /D_UNICODE /DWINVER=0x0501 /D_WIN32_WINNT=0x0501 /DXML_STATIC /DBOOST_ALL_NO_LIB /DLL_FMODEX=1 /DAPR_DECLARE_STATIC /DAPU_DECLARE_STATIC /DCURL_STATICLIB=1 /DLIB_NDOF=1

2016-08-20 01:47:18

This is not a bug, but how calling cards used to work in v1 viewers...

Normally, a "valid" calling card *must* be given to you by the avatar it relates to (i.e. its creator must be the avatar pointed to by the calling card), which is the case for calling card automatically appearing in your inventory when you befriend an avatar (the server then automatically creates a calling card in your inventory on behalf of your friend, that calling card appearing as created by them), or when you give your calling card to an avatar via the pie menu entry for that avatar (the calling card they receive is then indeed created by you).

When opening a calling card, v1 viewers then looked for the creator avatar UUID and opened the corresponding avatar profile (or performed any action you chose from the calling card context menu such as IM/offer TP, etc).

Then v2 viewers came in, and started auto-recreating (LL should really mind their own ass, sometimes !) Friends calling cards that you voluntarily deleted from your inventory (I always delete them from mine, because I have no use for calling cards: The Friends floater covers all the uses they would have, and the cards therefore only clutter (and slow down) the inventory for nothing). The problem is that such calling cards, being re-created from your viewer, appear with a creator UUID corresponding to your avatar (and not the avatar they are supposed to relate to), and then v1 viewers open your profile instead of the related avatar's when you open those "invalid" calling cards...

I just had a quick look at LL's code and did not find any change to the valid/invalid policy in the inventory model code; however, it looks such re-created calling cards got the related avatar UUID placed into their description, so I assume that LL added some code elsewhere than where it should belong (the inventory bridge) to use that info instead of the creator UUID (still used in the inventory bridge in their code !)... Added to the fact I don't use calling cards myself, it's no wonder I did not spot that change !

So, yes, it's a "missing feature" of the Cool VL Viewer when compared to LL's v2/3/4 viewers. I'll investigate and implement some proper code for it.

2016-08-20 10:53:42
Profile WWW

Thank you so much. Why I don't like using LL viewers, ugh. Also thanks for moving the thread, I had no idea where to post this so took a guess. I'll keep an eye open for the update when you're able to. I don't like any of the other viewers I've tried so far... This is the only viewer I've used since Onrez was disabled from use.
Thanks again.

2016-08-21 10:31:57

Henri Beauchamp wrote:
Then v2 viewers came in, and started auto-recreating (LL should really mind their own ass, sometimes !) Friends calling cards that you voluntarily deleted from your inventory (I always delete them from mine, because I have no use for calling cards: The Friends floater covers all the uses they would have, and the cards therefore only clutter (and slow down) the inventory for nothing). The problem is that such calling cards, being re-created from your viewer, appear with a creator UUID corresponding to your avatar (and not the avatar they are supposed to relate to), and then v1 viewers open your profile instead of the related avatar's when you open those "invalid" calling cards...
Thank you, Henri for explaining this! I've been puzzled for ages why my viewer periodically creates a Friends folder in my Calling Cards folder that is full of duplicate, non-functional, cards.

2016-08-28 07:48:00

linyifei wrote:
Thank you, Henri for explaining this! I've been puzzled for ages why my viewer periodically creates a Friends folder in my Calling Cards folder that is full of duplicate, non-functional, cards.
Yes, that's also because LL decided that friends should have their own sub-folder for calling cards. Interestingly, instead of just *moving* the valid calling cards into that new sub-folder, they made it so that their viewer creates invalid duplicates... :roll:

This said, the Cool VL Viewer offers you the leeway to delete that Friends calling cards sub-folder and all those duplicates card at once (right click on the sub-folder and "Delete"), to revert your inventory to its lean, clean, uncluttered v1-like layout.

2016-08-28 09:12:05
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]