Cool VL Viewer forum

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 2024-03-19 06:15:08

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
Group notice attachments - Firestorm vs Cool VL Viewer 

Now normally, when you see a subject like this you think, oh something is wrong with Cool VL Viewer. :-) But nooooo! There's something seemingly wrong with Firestorm!

I have NEVER had a problem with CVLV (sorry Henri, I like abbreviations) and group notices that have attachments. I click on the attachment in the notice, it saves to inventory AND it opens either a notecard, landmark or wants to save an object to inventory. This is as expected.

BUT, with Firestorm, when I log in and do the same thing, FS OFTEN says it's saved the attachment to inventory but doesn't. Yet the FS devs insist it's an issue with SL and point me to an SL Jira isn't really my issue.

So is there something different about CVLV in it's processing of group notices and attachments? Is it a V1 thing vs V2+? Is the LL SL Viewer code farkled somewhere? Or am I just seeing an amazing number of coincidences?

2018-06-06 04:06:58

The Cool VL Viewer is a fork of Snowglobe v1.5, to which I backported a huge amount of code from Snowstorm (v2/3), LL's various viewers and other TPVs (mostly from Singularity, some from Firestorm and tiny bits from other TPVs). However, I never backport things that I find detrimental for the user and I added quite some code of my own brew, so many UI and inventory functions diverged from LL's viewers and other TPVs over years.

I cannot tell you what is "normal" for Firestorm, neither would I bother to verify whether their code got a bug or not for that particular function.

Your best bet is to try and reproduce the bug with LL's official viewer: if you can reproduce it, then report it to the SL JIRA, if you can't then point out this fact to Firestorm's team so that they fix their own bug.

2018-06-06 08:06:20
Profile WWW

I kinda figured that might be your answer but was just curious. :)

2018-06-07 04:38:44
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]