Cool VL Viewer forum

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 2024-03-19 09:51:35

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
Bom updates 

So now that BoM is official and live on the grid and released in the main viewer, I've been hearing all sorts of odd stuff as people try different viewers.
One of which is that Cool VL uses beta code for BoM and not the same code as LL in their main viewer so there are people spouting of in various groups that it should be avoided as it won't work in the same way!

Is their any response to this, short of telling them that there's no reason not to use Cool VL?
I was using it to test BoM over on the beta grid before any other 3rd party viewer was even jumping on the bandwaggon.

2019-09-09 15:36:41

Bake on mesh is implemented in the Cool VL Viewer in the exact same way as in LL's release viewer.

I simply started implementing BoM a few days after LL published the source for their BoM viewer branch (it was back in April 2018), and kept my code in sync with it, weekly release after weekly release, till it got merged in LL's viewer-release.

If people are not convinced about it, they can just compare my viewer source code with LL's and they deserve nothing but your disdain: they are likely jealous that a single man can, on part of his scarce free time, maintain a viewer better than a full team.

2019-09-09 15:58:40
Profile WWW

I can attest that BoM works just fine in Cool VL Viewer (for me, the Linux version). The maker of my mesh body recently added the option to their HUD and I tried it out. It works completely as expected. I did revert to standard textures (for now) as Firestorm has NOT updated and released their viewer to support it. A number of people I encountered (using Firestorm) saw the system texture indicating their viewer did not support BoM and my system avatar was not masked out. For them, I didn't render well. For me, in my viewer, I rendered normally.

2019-09-09 17:28:52

Thanks both. It's exactly as I thought as I keep up with the releases from most viewers, including betas but didn't feel like getting into an argument with some ill informed cretin who probably has never even looked at any source code in their life let alone compiled anything ;)
Nice to have accurate info for the next time :D

2019-09-10 07:16:06
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]