Cool VL Viewer forum

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 2024-03-19 03:16:07

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
MAC VERSION OF THE LATEST COOL VL VIEWER 

When can we expect a MAC Version of the latest COOL VL VIEWER. Seeing I did so much to help you guys get the best OS viewer that works with all the latest OS features, it very frustrating not to be able to see it working for myself because there is NO MAC VERSION. Cheers, Waki Janus

2019-11-10 09:00:05

I do not own neither have any access to any Macintosh, and all attempts to have MacOS running in a virtual machine have resulted in failures, not to mention using one such VM would violate Apple's stupid license: you are not allowed to run MacOS on anything else than Apple hardware. :roll:
Plus, I personally despise Apple (insanely overpriced, closed source/hardware, unrespectful of the users' privacy, using aggressive evading taxes scheme, etc: it's even worse than Micro$oft... that I too thoroughly despise), so I'm not at all inclined to spend my precious free time dealing with Mac builds (and you should find yourself lucky that I did spend some time, with Catten's help, so to keep my viewer compatible with Macs and newer MacOS-X / Xcode versions) .

Catten Carter is providing Mac builds, when his real life lets him enough time to compile one (and when MacOS-X / Xcode are cooperative enough not to make the task a headache). He must be warmly thanked for it, and not criticized because Mac builds would not come out as fast as you would hope...

Quote:
Seeing I did so much to help you guys get the best OS viewer that works with all the latest OS features, it very frustrating not to be able to see it working for myself
By providing me with a sim on your grid for testing purposes, you indeed helped a great deal to find bugs and fix them. I do reiterate here my public thanks to you.

However, I want to make things crystal clear: your (or anyone's) help in developing the Cool VL Viewer does not entitle you to any kind of privilege neither does it bind me (or the Mac builder, for that purpose) in any form of "contract" with you.

So, while I understand your frustration, you will nonetheless have to wait until Catten can find time to compile a new release... Or you could install Xcode 10 on your Mac, grab the viewer sources, and compile them yourself. :idea:

2019-11-10 10:08:19
Profile WWW

Hi

Due to various RL commitments I'm not always able do weekly builds and sometimes it takes even longer than that. I spend my time with the viewer, so I don't have to resort to Firestorm's horrible UI and bloated list of features. I do this primarily for selfish reasons, but because of all the work Henri puts into helping me get the Mac Version running, the least I can do is make it available to everyone. Thank you again for all of this Henri.

The viewer is easy to build, and the latest source even works with xcode 11, so there is no need to run an outdated xcode version just for building the viewer. If you send me a PM I'd be happy to help.

I'd also more than welcome developers that can look into outstanding mac specific issues.

Best Regards
Catten

2019-11-14 15:08:23
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]