Cool VL Viewer forum

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 2024-03-19 10:11:02

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
One more thank you / appreciation thread :) 

Todays' update is super welcome!

A really BIG thank you for adding the parcel outlines to the mini map, and the new debug settings for the banlines. <3
For us who travels a lot on the grid those are really welcome upgrades, and the low visibility of banlines has been a long time annoyance when sailing and flying around.

With both the new mini-map parcel outline as an overview and the parcel borders "on the water" to see the close edges, any travel along the narrow channels filled with odd corners and crossings has turned into smooth breeze along with warnings about the hazards in decent time, I can't say thank you enough for these features in the viewer! ^^

OK I am excited, but with a good reason for once :lol:

2022-02-12 16:50:47

Jessica Hultcrantz wrote:
Todays' update is super welcome!

A really BIG thank you for adding the parcel outlines to the mini map
Frankly, I doubt the parcel outlines are of very much use on the mini-map (too small, too inaccurate), but the banned parcels may help (even if they tend to appear very late since this is the server initiative to send the info to the viewer or not about them, depending on your camera movement and the risk of "collision" with the banned parcel).

Quote:
and the new debug settings for the banlines. <3
For us who travels a lot on the grid those are really welcome upgrades, and the low visibility of banlines has been a long time annoyance when sailing and flying around.
Indeed, and I noticed this annoyance when I started motor-boating in SL, only three months or so ago (*)... Those tiny protected land/waterway corners between private parcels and those late appearing ban walls are really a nuisance, so I had to "find a way around them" (both a water way, and a smarter coding of the viewer). :P

Quote:
With both the new mini-map parcel outline as an overview and the parcel borders "on the water" to see the close edges, any travel along the narrow channels filled with odd corners and crossings has turned into smooth breeze along with warnings about the hazards in decent time,
Yes, the "Property lines at water surface" is the first feature I implemented and by far the most useful. But the better ban walls rendering in-world and the banned parcels rendering in the mini-map should help (and may even allow to disable the property lines display when you want to enjoy the 3D-world view without them to ruin it).

(*) I guess I don't get enough RPs any more in SL nowadays... so, I found other distractions. If you see a "Black Arrow" bolide at the surface of SL's seas, that's me !... A great way for me to stress-test the viewer too.

2022-02-12 18:16:29
Profile WWW

Henri Beauchamp wrote:
Frankly, I doubt the parcel outlines are of very much use on the mini-map (too small, too inaccurate)

I wouldn't see them as a precision tool, but for general overview of channel layouts in crowded/cluttered regions they are valuable. A glance of what's ahead without a need for extra HUD tools.

Henri Beauchamp wrote:
If you see a "Black Arrow" bolide at the surface of SL's seas, that's me !... A great way for me to stress-test the viewer too.

We have sighted you passing by our marina in Akna at least three times already. If you ever need a place along the Satori east coast to rez, feel free to stop by. :D

2022-02-12 20:13:36
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]