Thanks, Henri. . .
I just upgraded to Cool VL Viewer v220.127.116.11 * Most things seem perfect & I checked-out Lua scripting.
* All the Bento pieces that I've tested, with just a standard body, are fine and again, show no problems.
Some one just asked me about testing a Bento viewer. And I said, Do a search in Marketplace, for Bento.
And I have found various, free demos of heads, hands, wings and even a Centaur.
And that horse body, without any AO control, is pretty amusing stuff, kicking me in the butt.
* But my Lady's very long, nicely rigged [elikatira] hair still folds and tears, broken at her shoulders.
And it is very bright, like all the mesh that she wears. (It is like Full Bright in some ways, but that is off?)
So I "fixed" her hair with Basic Shaders on. But then it got dark, so I solved that with Atmospheric Shaders on.
But for some of us, get ready for some seriously slow walking, dancing, etc, folks.
( Why should Their rather successful mesh market be bothered by the needs of a very minor ALM market, that needs higher graphic settings, especially for those new dynamic shadows, perhaps? And then, I finally wore a beautifully rigged-mesh Plesiosaurus that used to have a very long, gracefully moving, snake-like neck but now, with Basic Shaders off, it looks bent and broken in the middle. . . Why, please?
* Other "Rendering Mysteries" that never happen with your Cool VL Viewer 1.26.4 (98) that I still trust. Thanks!
Imagine every building in a PM sim, disappearing and just the furnishings still showing. (To fix: I will relog or sometimes, just do a teleport back-and-forth.) And I just got some tall grass for a new tiger to hide-in and sometimes the grass looks like a box or much worse. (This problem is stubborn and to fix, a relog seems to be the fastest way.) So I will be testing all of these new rendering problems, by simply not wearing ALL of my new rigged-mesh products that I just got. ( And like I said above, these problems don't seem to exist with your very old and very reliable 1.26.4 (98) )
( I found a fairly quick fix for the tall-grass problem and maybe for some other rendering problems?)
* Reload selected texture and this is a very manual fixing-procedure, folks.
1: First select the piece with Edit. (Of course, you need to be its Owner.)
( Using "Reset material", in Edit/Texture tab, might be faster and I will test that, next time)
2: Then in Advanced / Rendering, click "Reload selected texture". . . Done?
* * * New tricks with invisible stuff. * * *
* In Edit/Object tab: Toggling Locked on/off or reversed is making my things appear. (This is crazy/weird?)
* And a setting idea for missing HUD buttons? (Re-wearing solves this, but I have something new to test.)
In Advanced / Debug settings, set RenderDynamicLOD to False. (This might solve other invisibility probs?)
Now, my round buttons look more like 6-sided hex-shapes, but they are constantly visible at log-in time!
(And THEN, the next day, I reset RenderDynamicLOD back to True & everything is okay now? SL Magic?
* Sorry to have bothered you about all of us having to use a new Alt M shortcut, to get to Mouse-Look.
re: Latest Windows releasesviewtopic.php?f=3&t=81&p=7015&hilit=ALT+M#p7015
And I am a bit lost here. . .
(Folks, this is within the Preferences / Text Chat tab, btw)
* But what happens when the "Auto-focus chat bar & history" feature is set to off, now?
And with that set to off, could you return our normal B and M shortcut keys, perhaps?
( And having ALT B and ALT M constantly on, should not bother a soul ? )
Then for an example, our drop-down for View, could read as "Mouselook Alt-M (*M*)" or what seems right?
(BTW will this be next, "Focus on selection H" with a new shortcut ALT H ?)
Thank you for your time and talents and for helping us to share in this new SL Fun?
... Tig ...