Cool VL Viewer forum

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 2024-03-19 06:05:35

Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Discussion about the Cool VL Viewer roadmap 

Lord wrote:
Please do not feature freeze 1.26.4 ! In a short while it will become the only viewer many computer users will be able to use due to it's V2.6 renderer. There are alot of people who access SL with computers that are at least 5 years old and have no means by which to upgrade them with all of the economic mess the USA and Europe are in...it literally becomes a choice between having essentials to live and work with or upgrade a computer. It is hoped that eventually the economy will rebound enough to be able to afford luxuries such as the latest and greatest graphics capabilities but we are far from having reached that point. Again, please reconsider ! Thank you, - Lord

Do not worry, v1.26.4 will keep being maintained (with bug fixes and mandatory protocol changes) for a while, even after the feature-freeze happens: what I mean by "feature-freeze" is that no new feature will make its way to 1.26.4.

Mind you, my free time is limited, and the time I can dedicate to the viewer development within that free time is even more limited !... I can't develop 3 different branches in parallel for a full year and a choice had to be made as a result.

2013-01-13 10:31:53
Profile WWW

Henri Beauchamp wrote:
Lord wrote:
Please do not feature freeze 1.26.4 !

Do not worry, v1.26.4 will keep being maintained (with bug fixes and mandatory protocol changes) for a while, even after the feature-freeze happens.

Yay! I was worried about that too. Thanks, Henri.

2013-01-13 12:14:57

g0rd0ngrfr33mailgr wrote:
Henri Beauchamp wrote:
Lord wrote:
Please do not feature freeze 1.26.4 !

Do not worry, v1.26.4 will keep being maintained (with bug fixes and mandatory protocol changes) for a while, even after the feature-freeze happens.

Yay! I was worried about that too. Thanks, Henri.

Thank you, Henri, for your time spent, facing and beating challenges, with your CoolVLViewer-1.26.8 !!!
(Are you ready for a Mission Impossible idea?) 8-)
One Cool VL Viewer with two rendering engines, to be decided at log-in time, perhaps?

2014-08-11 15:35:09

Tigerr.Eyre wrote:
Thank you, Henri, for your time spent, facing and beating challenges, with your CoolVLViewer-1.26.8 !!!
No real challenge with v1.26.8 for now (the changes to the rendering engine have been very few lately, and that's the only thing that differs between v1.26.8 and v1.26.12), but it's still more time spent building releases than if I only had one branch to maintain... So it will not last forever either.

Quote:
(Are you ready for a Mission Impossible idea?) 8-)
One Cool VL Viewer with two rendering engines, to be decided at log-in time, perhaps?
Well, you guessed it right: it's impossible, short of having two sets of rendering engines in the same viewer, which would be a monstrosity.

2014-08-11 17:57:21
Profile WWW

Thank you, very much, Henri.

But now, to the folks with "older systems", above and about Cool VL Viewer 1.26.8.
Do you always have to turn-on Basic Shaders, just to see your textures and lighting, properly?
(Without Basic Shaders, it is a ROYAL mess of overly dark and bright pieces.)
But with 1.26.4, it is all still perfect, strange?

Thanks for a lot of our SL fun, Henri !!! :)
(By the way, your "Compress textures" option, within Hardware Options, is working GREAT for Memory Usage reduction.) 8-)

... Tig ...

2014-09-27 14:16:28

Tigerr.Eyre wrote:
Do you always have to turn-on Basic Shaders, just to see your textures and lighting, properly?
(Without Basic Shaders, it is a ROYAL mess of overly dark and bright pieces.)
But with 1.26.4, it is all still perfect, strange?
Yes, Basic shaders are now pretty much a minimum to enable... More and more things got moved to shaders in the renderer pipeline, so to speed up rendering on modern hardware. It's called progress.

2014-09-27 15:02:29
Profile WWW

Thank you, Henri, very much, for your CoolVLViewer-1.26.19.37-Windows-x86_64.
(Even my older GPU seems to be working, near perfection and I was nicely surprised! :)
And I am sorry to be a bother, with all that Bento stuff going on.
Best of Luck with that mess.

But why is Alt-M, Alt + M key, required for Mouselook, now?
(I did some searches on your forum and I could not find the answer.)

. . . Have a Merry Christmas, Henri !!! 8-)

... Tig ...

2016-12-11 00:17:09

Tigerr.Eyre wrote:
Thank you, Henri, very much, for your CoolVLViewer-1.26.19.37-Windows-x86_64.
Please upgrade to v1.26.20.0.

Quote:
(Even my older GPU seems to be working, near perfection and I was nicely surprised! :)
Probably some side effect of the last backports I did from Singularity.

Quote:
But why is Alt-M, Alt + M key, required for Mouselook, now?
Nothing was changed for mouse-look, and the shortcut keys are certainly not *required*: you still can use the View -> Mouselook menu entry, or use the mouse wheel to zoom in till the camera switches automatically to mouse-look...

2016-12-11 00:31:40
Profile WWW

Thanks, Henri. . .
I just upgraded to Cool VL Viewer v1.26.20.24 and it does not want to right-click Edit stuff?
But I have found it. I just un-checked "Tools" -> "Pick particles".
(Earlier, I added some Spirit Fog for Halloween and got "Particle Blocked" by some nearly invisible fog? ;)

* Most things seem perfect & I checked-out Lua scripting.
* All the Bento pieces that I've tested, with just a standard body, are fine and again, show no problems.

Some one just asked me about testing a Bento viewer. And I said, Do a search in Marketplace, for Bento.
And I have found various, free demos of heads, hands, wings and even a Centaur.
:D And that horse body, without any AO control, is pretty amusing stuff, kicking me in the butt. :D

* But my Lady's very long, nicely rigged [elikatira] hair still folds and tears, broken at her shoulders. :shock:
And it is very bright, like all the mesh that she wears. (It is like Full Bright in some ways, but that is off?)
So I "fixed" her hair with Basic Shaders on. But then it got dark, so I solved that with Atmospheric Shaders on.
But for some of us, get ready for some seriously slow walking, dancing, etc, folks. :(

( Why should Their rather successful mesh market be bothered by the needs of a very minor ALM market, that needs higher graphic settings, especially for those new dynamic shadows, perhaps? And then, I finally wore a beautifully rigged-mesh Plesiosaurus that used to have a very long, gracefully moving, snake-like neck but now, with Basic Shaders off, it looks bent and broken in the middle. . . Why, please? :(

* Other "Rendering Mysteries" that never happen with your Cool VL Viewer 1.26.4 (98) that I still trust. Thanks!
Imagine every building in a PM sim, disappearing and just the furnishings still showing. (To fix: I will relog or sometimes, just do a teleport back-and-forth.) And I just got some tall grass for a new tiger to hide-in and sometimes the grass looks like a box or much worse. (This problem is stubborn and to fix, a relog seems to be the fastest way.) So I will be testing all of these new rendering problems, by simply not wearing ALL of my new rigged-mesh products that I just got. ( And like I said above, these problems don't seem to exist with your very old and very reliable 1.26.4 (98) ) 8-)

( I found a fairly quick fix for the tall-grass problem and maybe for some other rendering problems?)
* Reload selected texture and this is a very manual fixing-procedure, folks.
1: First select the piece with Edit. (Of course, you need to be its Owner.)
( Using "Reset material", in Edit/Texture tab, might be faster and I will test that, next time)
2: Then in Advanced / Rendering, click "Reload selected texture". . . Done? ;)

* * * New tricks with invisible stuff. * * *
* In Edit/Object tab: Toggling Locked on/off or reversed is making my things appear. (This is crazy/weird?) ;)
* And a setting idea for missing HUD buttons? (Re-wearing solves this, but I have something new to test.)
In Advanced / Debug settings, set RenderDynamicLOD to False. (This might solve other invisibility probs?)
Now, my round buttons look more like 6-sided hex-shapes, but they are constantly visible at log-in time!
(And THEN, the next day, I reset RenderDynamicLOD back to True & everything is okay now? SL Magic? :)

* Sorry to have bothered you about all of us having to use a new Alt M shortcut, to get to Mouse-Look.
re: Latest Windows releases
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=81&p=7015&hilit=ALT+M#p7015

And I am a bit lost here. . . :( (Folks, this is within the Preferences / Text Chat tab, btw)
* But what happens when the "Auto-focus chat bar & history" feature is set to off, now?
And with that set to off, could you return our normal B and M shortcut keys, perhaps?
( And having ALT B and ALT M constantly on, should not bother a soul ? )
Then for an example, our drop-down for View, could read as "Mouselook Alt-M (*M*)" or what seems right?
(BTW will this be next, "Focus on selection H" with a new shortcut ALT H ?)

Thank you for your time and talents and for helping us to share in this new SL Fun? 8-)

... Tig ...

2016-12-11 23:26:48
Reply to topic   [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5