Cool VL Viewer forum

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 2024-03-28 15:55:56

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
Space Navigator and new libndofdev 

I was wondering if the new libndofdev specified to be available in JIRA issue: https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/STORM-312 could be integrated in to Cool VL Viewer. My understanding is that the 3rd party lib has been updated to handle EL_ABS events which newer kernels use for the Space Navigator. Right now my Navigator is not functional with SL and Cool VL viewers and I really dislike keyboard navigation along with an essentially dead input device sitting on my desk. :D

2011-01-15 16:57:25

Hardly a viewer bug... Moved to the General forum as a feature request. I cannot give any guarantee as to when or whether I'll implement this, since I don't even have a joystick on my systems to do testing...

2011-01-15 17:15:05
Profile WWW

Ok. I debated on where to post a message. I realize that having a Space Navigator isn't all that common for SL users and even less common for those of us that use Linux. I gave up on building my own viewer from source. Even if I could get it going, the jpeg decoding would be sub par compared to the 'official' builds. Thanks for at least keeping the post around.

2011-01-15 18:09:53
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]