Cool VL Viewer forum

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 2024-03-28 15:01:01

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Feature Request: Media Filter 

Lance Corrimal wrote:
Henri Beauchamp wrote:
New in today's release (v1.25.0.26):
The domains are now also matched and listed against their IP (for example, if you blacklist somedomain.net, then its IP will also get blacklisted and any media will get its IP resolved to match it against already blacklisted IPs, meaning that a domain name change for the same IP will not allow to fool the media filter any more).

I hope this behaviour is optional. Otherwise it would kill pretty much ANY stream that is not served by a dedicated server, just because of "one bad egg" served from that host.
I don't see how it could "kill" anything... You can *always* remove any IP from either the black or white list via the media filter floater (and since you can also resolve the IPs from that floater, you can easily spot the ones that are associated with the various blacklisted domains).
Beside, there's still to find *any* Avatar alts gathering service not using a fixed IP address (all those I know about, are using fixed IPs with several different domain names pointing to the same server(s)).

2011-03-14 18:38:22
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2