Cool VL Viewer forum

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 2024-03-28 08:01:00

Reply to topic  [ 30 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
The Cool VL Viewer with Mesh rendering support is here ! 

v1.26.1.3 has been released, and is now considered a beta viewer (fully functional viewer with all *known* bugs fixed).

2011-09-01 19:49:38
Profile WWW

Kudos Henri, FINALLY there is a viewer around that does NOT choke the very life out of my computer. (most mesh enabled v2 viewers START at 2 gigs ram and I don't think that major ramping up in memory is appropriate for something that was SUPPOSED to be more system friendly.

I only 'miss' a few things. Like being able to use the ESCAPE key (on PC computers) to reset the camera position, and being able to actually view video on a prim like it is reputed on V2 viewers. (I assume that is yet to come)

Otherwise I must say that you have made a DIE HARD v1.23 user, a Cool VL Viewer user! Keep up the good work!

(LL SHOULD be using coders like you instead of the bloatware fanatics they do have on staff!)

:))

2011-09-04 21:21:49

Foxxe Wilder wrote:
I only 'miss' a few things. Like being able to use the ESCAPE key (on PC computers) to reset the camera position
In the Cool VL Viewer, this is SHIFT ESC, so to avoid closing the open floaters and chat bar when you just want to reset your camera... The Cool VL Viewer specific shortcuts are in the "FAQ and general help" forum.

Quote:
and being able to actually view video on a prim like it is reputed on V2 viewers. (I assume that is yet to come)
You can already view parcel media (video, webpage, etc) on a prim, though only one media per parcel and not one per prim like in v2/3 viewers which got the "Media on a prim" feature. This feature will come to the Cool VL Viewer too, one day or another (it's not considered a priority by me: mesh comes first, then probably multi-layered clothes), as a natural consequence of migrating more and more v2/3 code into it (and there are already large chunks of that "media on a prim" code, for now disabled with #ifdefs, already migrated together with the various backports).

Quote:
Otherwise I must say that you have made a DIE HARD v1.23 user, a Cool VL Viewer user! Keep up the good work!

(LL SHOULD be using coders like you instead of the bloatware fanatics they do have on staff!)
They broke the mold for programers like me decades ago, I'm afraid... :roll:

2011-09-04 22:27:20
Profile WWW

Reporting what could be a considered either vital missing feature or bug, I went to log onto the main grid after a long absence with your mesh viewer, and was told sim not available and redirected to info hub corner. After some investigation i tried again to teleport to destination and got a "destination blocked by maturity setting, see KB for more info" popup. As the target sim was Mature (innocuous but rated M for cya reasons like 75% of grid) and i have PIOF I went looking for the select maturity level pull down and was unable to find it on this client. I believe that you haven't ported this yet but because this is a V2-3 client and SL defaults to G.

I was able to workaround by logging in with Firestorm and setting maturity level of account with it then relog with Cool Viewer. Never the less i think you need to know and get this fixed :geek: . One of your bug reports may be this issue.

PS. I really appreciate your good work :ugeek: .

2011-09-06 21:19:45

Samantha Fuller wrote:
I believe that you haven't ported this yet but because this is a V2-3 client and SL defaults to G.
The maturity *is* ported (it has been since day one !). It is in Preferences, General tab. My guess is that you did not install properly the viewer and that as a result, it uses the Snowglobe v1.4 deprecated menu definitions.

2011-09-06 23:11:39
Profile WWW

Thanks :? I checked general and found lines referring to maturity settings but not actual pull down. I then cleaned up & redid my Cool Viewer Installation and though pre-login their was no difference after login the setting pull down appeared. 8-)

2011-09-07 04:47:23

Samantha Fuller wrote:
Thanks :? I checked general and found lines referring to maturity settings but not actual pull down. I then cleaned up & redid my Cool Viewer Installation and though pre-login their was no difference after login the setting pull down appeared. 8-)
Of course, the setting cannot be changed (and is therefore hidden) before you log in !... Its value is retrieved from your account, so you obviously need to be logged in (in *any* viewer).

2011-09-07 07:48:01
Profile WWW

I read in another post in this forum that you were working on getting mesh upload ability in the Cool VL 1.26.1.x viewer ? I have read in other TPV's discussions that there is a proprietary part in SLV 3.x code dealing with the Havok physics engine that will have to be negotiated around or that they will have to buy the Havok engine for it to work properly ? Will this hinder the Cool VL's development in this area ?

2011-09-13 00:36:32

Lord wrote:
I read in another post in this forum that you were working on getting mesh upload ability in the Cool VL 1.26.1.x viewer ? I have read in other TPV's discussions that there is a proprietary part in SLV 3.x code dealing with the Havok physics engine that will have to be negotiated around or that they will have to buy the Havok engine for it to work properly ? Will this hinder the Cool VL's development in this area ?
There is an Open Source convex decomposition library in the works. As soon as it will be ready, TPV viewers will be able to use it to implement the mesh upload. I'm simply getting the Cool VL Viewer ready for it (the only thing left to implement is the UI, the model upload "wizard").

2011-09-13 15:09:01
Profile WWW

Henri Beauchamp wrote:
Foxxe Wilder wrote:
I only 'miss' a few things. Like being able to use the ESCAPE key (on PC computers) to reset the camera position
In the Cool VL Viewer, this is SHIFT ESC, so to avoid closing the open floaters and chat bar when you just want to reset your camera... The Cool VL Viewer specific shortcuts are in the "FAQ and general help" forum.

ahh... never thought of that one. (the shift key combo idea generally gets ignored by me and has notoriously for well over 25 years. (I guess I am still slowly getting used to this Graphic user interface doodad! lol

Quote:
and being able to actually view video on a prim like it is reputed on V2 viewers. (I assume that is yet to come)
You can already view parcel media (video, webpage, etc) on a prim, though only one media per parcel and not one per prim like in v2/3 viewers which got the "Media on a prim" feature. This feature will come to the Cool VL Viewer too, one day or another (it's not considered a priority by me: mesh comes first, then probably multi-layered clothes), as a natural consequence of migrating more and more v2/3 code into it (and there are already large chunks of that "media on a prim" code, for now disabled with #ifdefs, already migrated together with the various backports).

I don't see any need for any more than one media on a prim per parcel. I tried using it in v2/3 and it overloaded my system with uncalled 'slplugins' the natural ending was, of course, system lockup. (I'm never going back to that crappy program again if I don't have to)
Quote:

They broke the mold for programers like me decades ago, I'm afraid... :roll:

bummer... well keep the faith dude!

2011-09-21 05:03:15
Reply to topic   [ 30 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3