Cool VL Viewer forum

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 2024-04-25 10:49:13

Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Mac binaries for download of stable 1.26.0.18 

Does that not break the rules regarding the use of LLKDU ?

2011-09-25 13:13:48

Lord wrote:

This build does not use KDU

it is distributed in much the same way that Hyang used to distribute her Mac OS X builds, only that she used to package as DMG disk image, and now you simply get a Zipped .app bundle. Same thing, other bag. Hyang's builds also didn't use or include the KDU dylib btw.

2011-09-25 13:23:11

gurucoyote wrote:
Lord wrote:

This build does not use KDU

it is distributed in much the same way that Hyang used to distribute her Mac OS X builds, only that she used to package as DMG disk image, and now you simply get a Zipped .app bundle. Same thing, other bag. Hyang's builds also didn't use or include the KDU dylib btw.
You should really not do that (and I didn't know Hyang was doing it: I've got no Mac here to test the packages)... I mean, there's also Vivox and FMOD licenses issues. You should be distributing an overlay package that installs over Snowglobe v1.4.2 for MAC, like I do for Linux and Windows. This way the user can take benefit of all the closed source libraries and we don't violate any license. For a list of the files that need to be part of the overlay package (i.e. the files that are different from the Snowglobe v1.4 distribution), have a look in the sources to indra/newview/installers/linux/make_overlay_package.

2011-09-25 14:02:16
Profile WWW

Henri Beauchamp wrote:
You should really not do that (and I didn't know Hyang was doing it: I've got no Mac here to test the packages)... I mean, there's also Vivox and FMOD licenses issues. You should be distributing an overlay package that installs over Snowglobe v1.4.2 for MAC, like I do for Linux and Windows. This way the user can take benefit of all the closed source libraries and we don't violate any license. For a list of the files that need to be part of the overlay package (i.e. the files that are different from the Snowglobe v1.4 distribution), have a look in the sources to indra/newview/installers/linux/make_overlay_package.

Yes, I've seen that linux script, and was considering lookining into it's possible adaption for Mac... but it seems like a non trivial task and I currently won't find time to attack it. I do agree with Henri that an overlay package would be the cleanest way to go.

2011-09-25 14:16:19

GC, Just thought I'd let you know I've been using the experimental MESH branch, Mac binary 1.26.1.8 for the last 5 hours with no hic-ups or crashes... played with some mesh objects and am very happy with this build. So far, working great!

coyote

ps, on a MacBookPro with 8gig of memory using Snow Leopard 10.6.8

2011-09-26 00:03:47
Reply to topic   [ 15 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2