Cool VL Viewer forum

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 2024-04-23 08:41:28

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
Deferred rendering now working fine 

Although nothing about this was listed in the release notes, the bugs I had with deferred rendering, are now gone with v1.26.2.4.

Previously deferred rendering looked VERY odd for me, everything looked warped and flattened. Also trying deferred rendering with a window-size >2048 pixel resulted in an immediate viewer crash.

Works totally fine now. :D

I'm guessing the uninstall/reinstall for v1.26.2.4 removed some outdated stuff that was actually causing my problems. So if I had done a complete reinstall earlier it may have worked even back then.

Now the only thing left on my personal wish-list are multiple tattoo-/clothing-layers. Just ran into an occasion yesterday where I would have needed multiple tattoo-layers to combine things I bought. I'm sure that feature will come at some point. I know you are currently focusing on getting mesh-upload working first.

Thanks for the good work!

2011-11-06 14:08:12

You probably had stale shaders installed... They must have been *very* old however (probably v1.23 shaders), and should never have been there in the first place. When *upgrading*, i.e. when switching from one version to the other (such as from v1.26.0 to 1.26.2) you *must* install the viewer into a *new* folder to prevent such issues. This is of course not necessary for updates from one release to the next (such as from v1.26.2.4 to 1.26.2.5) unless specified in the release notes (which was the case for this week's releases, because of the re-branding of some files and the new installation method).

2011-11-06 17:50:27
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]