Cool VL Viewer forum

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 2021-10-26 03:39:22



Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
new feature 
Author Message

Joined: 2012-05-29 18:10:13
Posts: 8
Reply with quote
A interesting feature would be (at least, I do think sincerly it would be) the Spam/crash protection from NaCl (https://bitbucket.org/Chalice/nacl) which has been embedded (it seems) in firestorm and that is very efficient.

just an idea and I hope people would like it :)


2012-05-29 19:06:08
Profile

Joined: 2009-03-17 18:42:51
Posts: 4754
Reply with quote
Spam can't crash the Cool VL Viewer, especially since I improved greatly the muting feature (you can easily and efficiently mute anything that can spam you) and also sped up the UI for the notifications (it would require hundreds of such notifications to start slowing down significantly the viewer), letting you ample time to mute the culprit.


2012-05-29 21:49:29
Profile WWW

Joined: 2012-05-29 18:10:13
Posts: 8
Reply with quote
Yes but there are some spams that are especially annoying and anonymous. There is no name to click :( Maybe I have missed something in preferences :(


2012-05-30 17:50:05
Profile

Joined: 2009-03-17 18:42:51
Posts: 4754
Reply with quote
Ruby94 wrote:
Yes but there are some spams that are especially annoying and anonymous. There is no name to click :( Maybe I have missed something in preferences :(
There is always a "Mute" button on dialogs, and for IMs, simply click the name of the object to open the object info floater which also allows you to mute (by object UUID, by object name, or by object owner). You can also get the "clickable" object names for chat from objects by checking the corresponding option in the "Preferences" floater, "Text Chat", "Show links in chat history for chatting objects..." setting.


2012-05-30 19:26:40
Profile WWW

Joined: 2012-05-29 18:10:13
Posts: 8
Reply with quote
Henri, in the current case, the objects have no name, they are no clickable and messages are sent in the public chat channel (no mute button)


2012-05-31 22:13:00
Profile

Joined: 2009-03-17 18:42:51
Posts: 4754
Reply with quote
Ruby94 wrote:
Henri, in the current case, the objects have no name, they are no clickable and messages are sent in the public chat channel (no mute button)
The Cool VL Viewer automatically creates a link (that, when clicked, opens the object info floater with the mute options) on the first word of any message that is sent by objects without a name, so you still can mute them... Granted, for "says" (as opposed to emotes), the current versions put the link on the ":" separator, and it was pretty impossible to click on it. This has been corrected for v1.26.4.16 which now puts the link not only on the ':' separator but also on the first word after it. Of course, this supposes you activated the "link on chatting object" option, as I already described above.


2012-06-01 12:32:30
Profile WWW

Joined: 2012-05-29 18:10:13
Posts: 8
Reply with quote
well... sorry to telll that it doesnt work for the tests I made. I went to a sim and asked people to spam me. They did and I could not click on anything (I have activated the options you stressed)...


2012-06-03 09:21:39
Profile

Joined: 2009-03-17 18:42:51
Posts: 4754
Reply with quote
Ruby94 wrote:
well... sorry to telll that it doesnt work for the tests I made. I went to a sim and asked people to spam me. They did and I could not click on anything (I have activated the options you stressed)...
What kind of "spam" are you referring to exactly ?... Please, give precise repro steps !


2012-06-03 09:24:20
Profile WWW

Joined: 2012-02-10 15:12:54
Posts: 80
Reply with quote
Well there are all kind of spaming sistems out there ( tp spam, go to url notification spam and so on) so the simple end eficient way to fix this problem is to add a mute button on all the top corner notifications. Also i`v experienced script error spam ( the spamer wears lots of objects with lots of scripts that give errors and your viewer gets flooded by them in the error notification box).

ps. is there a way to modify the time it takes for you to crash when the sim is crashed? like the timeout or something?


2012-06-03 18:04:37
Profile

Joined: 2009-03-17 18:42:51
Posts: 4754
Reply with quote
TheADX wrote:
Well there are all kind of spaming sistems out there ( tp spam, go to url notification spam and so on) so the simple end eficient way to fix this problem is to add a mute button
There is already a mute button for *all* such notifications in the Cool VL Viewer !

Quote:
Also i`v experienced script error spam ( the spamer wears lots of objects with lots of scripts that give errors and your viewer gets flooded by them in the error notification box).
Just disable the scripts error notifications in chat. They will keep being reported in the script errors window only, which is only opened if you click on the script error indicator in the status bar. This is in no way considered "spam" and won't impair the least your use of the viewer.

Quote:
ps. is there a way to modify the time it takes for you to crash when the sim is crashed? like the timeout or something?
You don't crash when the sim crashes. You just get disconnected and the viewer then asks you if you wish to quit immediately or to keep it open (to view the last IMs/chat/notifications, etc)


2012-06-03 18:53:22
Profile WWW
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 13 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Designed by ST Software.